RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Sorry wasn't here during the ride, yeah it's supposed to be a steady social ride but inevitably with 124 riders, groups of different levels form and little races spring up. I started in the 1st group but got dropped to the 2nd, managed to lead it in but I don't think the others were pushing hard.

Did you enjoy it, that's the main thing? I saw your name pop up once or twice in the chat.
Yes I started at social pace but the group wasn't very big, so I went through a few groups to a decent pace that wasn't a race.

shimceltic

Veteran
@keithaitch that ride your signed up for tomorrow looks interesting but long again

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
@keithaitch that ride your signed up for tomorrow looks interesting but long again
Yes, after the TDM when I fell behind my monthly kms goal to concentrate just on the rides I need to get the kms on so tomorrow, 60in the morning in the real world and then 60 on the trainer in the pm. If you want to do it is he happy not you race it,

shimceltic

Veteran
Yes, after the TDM when I fell behind my monthly kms goal to concentrate just on the rides I need to get the kms on so tomorrow, 60in the morning in the real world and then 60 on the trainer in the pm. If you want to do it is he happy not you race it,
If I'm back from work in time I'll give it a go

kipster

Guru
Cyclo-cross courses have lots of up and down, they are short but very frequent. The course profile looks exactly like that. I don't think they'll simulate mud and you shouldn't have to dismount to jump any hurdles ^_^

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes, a lot more climbing on the cyclocross than the pootle through Slovenia

shimceltic

Veteran
Real world ride around midday when the rain has stopped and the roads are dry, then some climbing training in the evening. Omnium looks fun, but my climbing legs need work.
Might have a day off tomorrow after work and try and make some headway into the book I'm reading.

Top Bottom