Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
If everyone in the UK killed one person per day, thereby halving the population. There would only be one person left after 4 weeks.

That would make a good dystopian film.

If everyone in the UK killed one person wouldn't the entire population be wiped out in one go?

Seevio

Guru
If everyone in the UK killed one person wouldn't the entire population be wiped out in one go?

Yes, but let's go nerd on this.

Assumptions:
1. Each person kills someone else - no suicides.
2. Each killing can happen at any time during the 24 hour period.
3. Victims are random - no organised targets.

Too late for me to do the full maths but there is a chance that any time someone kills, it is before their victim gets to kill meaning that there will be a survivor.

Worst case is that there is one survivor - everyone gets their kill In before they are killed.

Best case is 50% are survivors - nobody gets their kill in before they are killed. A kills B, C kills D etc.

As the results are statistical, I suspect on average about 25% would survive.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Yes, but let's go nerd on this.

Assumptions:
1. Each person kills someone else - no suicides.
2. Each killing can happen at any time during the 24 hour period.
3. Victims are random - no organised targets.

Too late for me to do the full maths but there is a chance that any time someone kills, it is before their victim gets to kill meaning that there will be a survivor.

Worst case is that there is one survivor - everyone gets their kill In before they are killed.

Best case is 50% are survivors - nobody gets their kill in before they are killed. A kills B, C kills D etc.

As the results are statistical, I suspect on average about 25% would survive.

Yes, I was thinking along these lines earlier, the problem starts with the word everyone in the 'everyone kills one person', that was not what was meant I think. Anyway its too late for me to get all nerdy now, I'm off to bed.

classic33

Leg End Member
On average, a chocolate bar contains around eight insect parts, but it is still deemed to be safe for consumption. According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration, "most foods have natural contaminants in them, but there are levels which the FDA deems safe. Anything more than 60 insect pieces per 100 grams of chocolate is rejected by the FDA."

On average, a chocolate bar contains around eight insect parts, but it is still deemed to be safe for consumption. According to the U.S Food and Drug Administration, "most foods have natural contaminants in them, but there are levels which the FDA deems safe. Anything more than 60 insect pieces per 100 grams of chocolate is rejected by the FDA."

Do they have a size for an 'Insect piece'? I've seen some pretty big insects.

Punkawallah

Über Member
And some pretty small chocolate bars . . .

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

The US has a much lower standard than Europe for food. That was one of the problems with a Brexit US trade deal.

So a UK bar is very unlikely to have these in.

Top Bottom