Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Just died of course.
Was very vaguely aware of her as a kid because of Sunday newspaper references.
Shame on the scummy journo and rag that outed her without consent.
An incredible life.

My friend was outed as trans by the Sun and despite agreeing not in a phone interview, printed her original name , birth town, resident town and the school where her father was headmaster.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
She’s also registered as non-Dom for UK tax purposes.
Not a great look for Dishy Rishi.

classic33

Leg End Member
The first high heels were actually a form of military footwear, which first appeared nearly 400 years ago.

In the early 1600s the Persians and Ottomans of West Asia were tremendous horse riders who fought their battles in the saddle. Standing up to shoot their arrows meant they needed a sturdy heel to keep them nice and stable in the stirrups.

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Polar bears cannot be seen using night vision glasses because they give out so little heat (they are so well insulated).
Equally, their noses are black to absorb energy from the sun because the heat doesn't get through their fur.

Polar bears cover their noses when hunting seals to make them more difficult to be seen.

1649331180602.png

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As a poor golfer I have often thought that I get better value than a good golfer.
We pay the same fees
I play more shots, take more putts and walk more of the course than them :rolleyes:
You could use exactly the same argument for riding a Sportive.
Does someone who takes 6 hours get more enjoyment or value for money than someone who takes 3 hours? They both ride the same route.

The entire point of golf is to play as little golf as possible.
Same with Darts? Or 10-pin Bowling? Can't think of any others right now ...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I withdraw my agreement about darts as well. If the person who goes first wins the leg, they will have thrown more darts than the loser.
You said the point was to “play as little as possible”, so by winning darts you have played as little as possible.

Top Bottom