Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Most people know that Juliette was only 13 years old when she met Romeo.
But did you know the whole story takes place over a period of 4-5 days.
They meet, fall in love, marry, lose their virginity, murder someone and then both die in less than a week.
That’s quite a roller coaster ride for a 13 year old girl.
I'm still in love with Olivia Hussey and that was when she was Juliette 51 years ago :blush:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
On a Similar theme. If you drew a timeline from the creation of the pyramids to the I phone, Cleopatra would be closer to the IPhone.
Madonna recorded Holiday closer to the end of WWII than to the present day…

OP
OP
Blue Hills
From the same source, sobering, after the bombing of Dresden, several (6?) special train lines were set up to shift the rubble.

The last rubble train ran in 1958 but the last rubble clearance team wasn't disbanded until 1997.

(couldn't have been that long after at all when I first went to Dresden - bomb damage still visible)

OP
OP
Blue Hills
It appears from my in-depth research that this may have got a certain amount of coverage when Dame Vera recently passed, but I only became aware of it very recently through god knows where, maybe a book I read.

>>>Lemmy with Hawkwind gigged with Dame Vera Lynn at the Crystal Palace Bowl in south London in 1986 - it was a anti heroin thing organised by Pete Townsend.

Pic of Dave Brock of Hawkwind and Silver Machine fame with Dame Vera at the event.

(there's also one somewhere of Dame Vera, surely a trouper, on stage at the finale)

Any old excuse to play this masterpiece -

(Note - not Dame Vera in the clip and she keeps her clothes on here as well)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdTFeW8FCto

(two things I love about that vid - the great bit at around 2:32 where the guitars and drums drive back in and the ever so polite sign-off after all the mayhem)

(additional bonus factoid - Silver Machine was supposedly written about a bicycle - though admittedly the writer was apparently sectioned very soon after this insight)

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Bart Simpson would be 42 if the Simpson’s followed real life ageing.

classic33

Leg End Member
Despite being no slouch, Hans Heyer had a rather dismal foray into Formula 1. Driving for Germany's team ATS, he entered the 1977 Grand Prix at Hockenheim.

He decided to start the race anyway, retiring after nine laps and was subsequently disqualified. He is the only man in F1 to hold a DNS, DNF and DSQ for the same race.

classic33

Leg End Member
There has only been on Polish driver in F1. He was the only Pole to take pole position, and the only Pole to win a race. His name? Robert Kubica.

classic33

Leg End Member
A Devon livestock owner made a claim after he managed to lose his phone inside the rear end of one of his cows while assisting calving on a dark and stormy night (he was using his phone as a torch).

The phone eventually reappeared but no longer worked properly.

Top Bottom