Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
It’s someone’s job to ride ahead of the Tour de France and erase all of the dick graffiti before the race arrives and gets shown on camera

1644828262218.png

https://www.rouleur.cc/blogs/the-rouleur-journal/the-eraser-men

Joey Shabadoo

The average net worth of a 30 yr old in the US is -$1043

Joey Shabadoo

The full name of the city known as “Bangkok” is Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit

Dave7

Legendary Member
The full name of the city known as “Bangkok” is Krungthepmahanakhon Amonrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharatratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphimanawatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit
That made no sense at all to me......can you say it in English please.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That made no sense at all to me......can you say it in English please.
กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์

Dave7

Legendary Member
กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตนราชธานีบูรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์
ahhh that is better.....many thanks.

Interestingly, it's only known as Bangkok to westerners. In Thai it is known as Krung Thep , which roughly translates to 'City of Angels'. Bangkok (translating as 'village of wild plums').

The English translation of the long name is:

The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city (of Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.

https://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/introduction/fullname.php

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Interestingly, it's only known as Bangkok to westerners. In Thai it is known as Krung Thep , which roughly translates to 'City of Angels'. Bangkok (translating as 'village of wild plums').

The city of angels, the great city, the residence of the Emerald Buddha, the impregnable city (of Ayutthaya) of God Indra, the grand capital of the world endowed with nine precious gems, the happy city, abounding in an enormous Royal Palace that resembles the heavenly abode where reigns the reincarnated god, a city given by Indra and built by Vishnukarn.

Very long station platform needed.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity

That’s more of a description rather than an actual name.

Joey Shabadoo

Most people know that Juliette was only 13 years old when she met Romeo.
But did you know the whole story takes place over a period of 4-5 days.
They meet, fall in love, marry, lose their virginity, murder someone and then both die in less than a week.
That’s quite a roller coaster ride for a 13 year old girl.
Spoilers!!!

Top Bottom