Proper Holdsworth Bikes are back! And I'm in love ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hot news!
http://road.cc/content/news/120789-sneak-peek-holdsworth-launch-steel-heritage-range

I am a Holdsworth fan, in some respects many of them were not that special, but I've always loved them since I was a kid. I have a beaten-up 1950s version and recently a 1982 Elan in good condition from @biggs682 of this parish, and I love it to bits. It's my first choice steed.

Holds after FNRttC May 2014.JPG

It was a name that dissappeared down the corporate drainpipe, but now thanks to Planet-X and the whole retro/steel revival there are proper 531 steel 'Holdsworths' available again and very nice they look too.

Unfortunately I've just blown my bike buying budget on a custom 853 Rourke (which will be fab) .... timing eh!

AndyRM

XOXO
Those are rather lovely. I nearly pulled the trigger on a discounted Planet-X imitation. Hopefully I can get my hands on an authentic frameset.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I want a Zephyr!!

..... The paintwork on the others is either a bit..... NOOO, or are a bit boring, like the two 'Mistral' models. The Cyclone is just OTT, and the Professional..... Sorry.... But are they sponsored by Irn Bru or something?? :whistle:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I want a Zephyr!!

..... The paintwork on the others is either a bit..... NOOO, or are a bit boring, like the two 'Mistral' models. The Cyclone is just OTT, and the Professional..... Sorry.... But are they sponsored by Irn Bru or something?? :whistle:
The Cyclone and Professional are fab!
The typeface is wrong on the Mistrals ... but let's hope it grows!

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I think a lot of people like the brand and also hanker for the 531 rides of their youth!
but will these match the real feel of a good old retro 531 ??

I want a Zephyr!!

Wash your marf out:headshake:

Those were the iconic Holdsworth/Campagnolo professional team colours as ridden by the likes of Les West, Colin Lewis and Bob Addy.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Wash your marf out:headshake:

Those were the iconic Holdsworth/Campagnolo professional team colours as ridden by the likes of Les West, Colin Lewis and Bob Addy.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it has pedigree and everything, and it isn't that bad actually when compared to other things, don't get me wrong, but its just not for me, that's all, 'classic' or not.
....At least you might be seen better at night though!!

Seriously though (and unrelated), it is only now that I look at more and more vintage bikes of varying makes and realise just how awful some of the colour combinations were over the years, I mean, I have looked at quite a few old catalogues in the V-CC online library, and quite frankly, some of the colour options sound horrific, not to mention some actual bikes I've seen too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom