Proper Holdsworth Bikes are back! And I'm in love ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ha, Ha MDB, you funny bugger.
:blush::laugh::blush:

..... Fancy meeting up some time?? :laugh:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have an old Thorn Audax built with lugged 531c by Lee Cooper (so I'm told). It's wonderfully comfortable on a long ride, and just seems to eat up the miles. On the other hand, I was descending Waddington Fell recently, in excess of 50mph, and it was absolutely terrifying - I could actually feel the rear triangle flexing in the crosswind! It's a complete contrast with my modern Wilier CF bike, which felt absolutely planted on the Alpine descents I rode last summer, and the frame is about half the weight.

What I'd like to try is a modern steelie in a high-spec tubeset, and see how that compares to my old Thorn and the Wilier. Maybe the best of both worlds?
That's what I'm hoping the 853 Rourke will be.
The old Holds is by far the nicer and more fun bike to ride than my Alu TCR, but the Giant is a lot more stable at speed and much more secure downhill. The best of both would be ace!

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
That's what I'm hoping the 853 Rourke will be.
The old Holds is by far the nicer and more fun bike to ride than my Alu TCR, but the Giant is a lot more stable at speed and much more secure downhill. The best of both would be ace!

My 853 Woodrup is rock steady down hill with or without panniers.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Gives me a hard-on ....

I don't care if it has a nice bottom bracket, that is still VERY wrong!

However, the 'in-progress' pictures on the website show two gentlemen who certainly don't look Asian - more Italian, I would say. But of course, this could be all just an advertising mock-up...
The new bikes are being developed by Lorenzo Altissimo, a 30-year bike industry veteran ...
The torch in use is an Italian model (was "Walkover"now "Kemper") so made in Italy would be a safe bet, but the prototypes could be made in Italy and full production moved elsewhere.

Top Bottom