One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
Spotted this today in Decathlon car park, not really a classic but 30 years old and not a common sight.

View attachment 742969

Mrs Gunk had one years ago, the 2.6 V6 version.

View attachment 742970

Must be from its first year of production surely, we had a 'standard'ish' A4 pool car when it was new (P reg)...or is this a late 80 ?
I didn't like them personally, (tbf, I can't remember if it was a 1.8 or 2.0). I wasn't overstruck with the performance and fuel consumption stuck me as really quite heavy.

Nice looker though

figbat

Slippery scientist
Must be from its first year of production surely, we had a 'standard'ish' A4 pool car when it was new (P reg)...or is this a late 80 ?
I didn't like them personally, (tbf, I can't remember if it was a 1.8 or 2.0). I wasn't overstruck with the performance and fuel consumption stuck me as really quite heavy.

Nice looker though

Thatā€™s an 80. I had a hardtop version, only the lowly 1.8E. It was unusual in having a longitudinally mounted engine despite being FWD.

Sunday 25th
Daughters b/f (actual) Mustang
Sorry if colours are slightly off, as it was approaching dusk (17:50)

View attachment 722823

Plus it has 'the Pony' puddle lights!
View attachment 722824
Friday 30th

Theyā€™ve just been found in it
Heā€™s bought some new wheels for it (polished alloy, instead of black)

Theyā€™re reminiscent of the ā€˜Snowflakeā€™ pattern that was fitted to the Mondeo & S-Max
They look good though

figbat

Slippery scientist
I am currently mid-way through a motorcycle weekend tour In Lincolnshire - on the way here yesterday, probably somewhere in Leicestershire, I saw a Lancia Stratos go the other way. Sadly no picture and it was only a brief sighting so canā€™t be sure if it was genuine.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Three Consuls all parked up in Finedon but only this one clearly visible.

IMG_20240831_060506.jpg

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I am currently mid-way through a motorcycle weekend tour In Lincolnshire - on the way here yesterday, probably somewhere in Leicestershire, I saw a Lancia Stratos go the other way. Sadly no picture and it was only a brief sighting so canā€™t be sure if it was genuine.

If you had taken a photo you could have Hawked it around to see :okay:

Top Bottom