Olympic Cycling - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The BBC via Iplayer are generally very good at showing all the main stuff. However they wont dedicate all of one of their two channel feeds for the whole day of the Road race, but I would imagine they would cut back and forth quite a lot and show the conclusion as well as their usual decent highlights package

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm just not feeling very excited about this. Maybe le Tour has exhausted my enthusiasm.

I've got the dates of the Madison finals marked down, cos I love watching the Madison. Apart from that, I'll catch some highlights here and there.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The BBC don't have blanket coverage of the Olympics any more and my final Eurosport subscription ran out yesterday. I might sign up for a few months of Discovery+ at the ex-Eurosport bargain rate of £3.49/month then cancel it until the spring.

Sounds like a no-brainier at thst price, Colin!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tadej has confirmed in an interview that the fact that has partner was overlooked by Slovenia was a contributory factor in him pulling out of the Games.
Odd decision by the selectors given that she's the road and TT champion. Anyone got any info on the back story?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/a...select-girlfriend-helped-sway-olympic-no-show

A little more context but no real explanation other than the selector decided last year.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Tadej has confirmed in an interview that the fact that has partner was overlooked by Slovenia was a contributory factor in him pulling out of the Games.
Odd decision by the selectors given that she's the road and TT champion. Anyone got any info on the back story?

may as well go on a holiday , wait till he turns up at his next race after a month on pizza and beer ?
1721851905316.jpeg

Alex321

Guru
Hmph - they show ('some') ads on all Live and On Demand content!

I hate paying subs and still getting ads. I hope that they choose their timing wisely...

No they don't.

Ads are only on the highlights. Which is why, even though I'm normally watching in the evening, I will watch the full coverage program with judicious skipping.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
No they don't.

Ads are only on the highlights. Which is why, even though I'm normally watching in the evening, I will watch the full coverage program with judicious skipping.
That's what I was hoping for but I based my post on this:

What's the same?

All discovery+ plans have the following:

• The same great unlimited discovery+ entertainment content
  • A limited number of ads in on-demand content (ads already appear on the live channels)
  • 4K UHD for select shows and movies (not including live content) on devices that support 4K UHD
:wacko:

Alex321

Guru
That's what I was hoping for but I based my post on this:

What's the same?

All discovery+ plans have the following:

• The same great unlimited discovery+ entertainment content
  • A limited number of ads in on-demand content (ads already appear on the live channels)
  • 4K UHD for select shows and movies (not including live content) on devices that support 4K UHD
:wacko:

I was basing my response on actually watching (without ads).

Top Bottom