Olympic Cycling - SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Anyone who has been in a sporting crowd during a national event knows how one-eyed they are. This is regardless of nationality. A British crowd would have reacted exactly the same. It's possible that we CC members, because we are a better sort don't you know, wouldn't have joined in but it would have happened.
It seems more likely that some CCers would have said it was a good win for the bike and not been able to bring themselves to congratulate the rider.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah it looked like a block, but I don't know the rules. in a pro road race that would be a disqualification.
Why? Pidcock had passed along the left barriers and had his nose ahead as Koretzky tried to cross from the right-hand-side back to the left on the bend. Even in a road sprint, the rider behind can't complain someone came past along the inside barriers.

More likely the reason Koretzky didn't complain too much is he had plenty of time with clear road in front to make an insurmountable lead while Pidcock was overtaking further back and he couldn't.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've just seen the clip not on the TV camera, before Tom gets the lead, and the other guy has come off so Tom goes round him on the other side ot the tree.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Might be a bit biased but it looked to me like they went different sides of the tree, Pidders came out a wheel in front and maintained his line, the other chap moved across.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Might be a bit biased but it looked to me like they went different sides of the tree, Pidders came out a wheel in front and maintained his line, the other chap moved across.

They did but Tom was getting round him when he unclipped. Bit of shoulders and a foot going out there.

Adam4868

Guru
Pidders....
"After my puncture, I was coming back to Koretzky fast. I knew how fast he was in the final lap. Rubbing's racing, that's what I did. It's a pity the French booed. It's a pity for Viktor, but we're at the Olympics. You have to go all-in."
I missed the bit out when he said the win tasted a whole lot better with those salty French tears.... 🤣

TomDW

Why? Pidcock had passed along the left barriers and had his nose ahead as Koretzky tried to cross from the right-hand-side back to the left on the bend. Even in a road sprint, the rider behind can't complain someone came past along the inside barriers.
Agree now, I hadn't seen the behind footage. Such alot going on in the woods !

Top Bottom