Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arsenal v West Brom negotiated.

Wish we had those goals on Thursday night. :sad:

F1 highlights negotiated.

Still watching the snooker, but it's not looking good for the Whirlwind.

Almost time for a :cuppa: and MOTD

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Set up for grasstrack racing tomorrow night in Leeds. The only experience we've had is riding our grasstrack bike around a grassy area near us for about 10 minutes. And one of us will be riding a borrowed bike as I'll be racing against my son - one will use the Fuji Track bike I have and we're not risking the carbon fibre track bikes :wacko:

He's in the 'top' group as he's a 3rd cat rider, I'm in the middle group as I'm a 4th cat and the youngsters in mine and the lowest group have been doing this for years.

Should be ... erm ... interesting :surrender:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Of course I am. ^_^ Shame they shut the stadium in Wimbledon, or I'd go stock car racing :blush: But I'll wriggle out of that one and nip over to

Oval
Gunnersbury, but only because I'm thinking of West Bromwich Albion.

classic33

Leg End Member
Set up for grasstrack racing tomorrow night in Leeds. The only experience we've had is riding our grasstrack bike around a grassy area near us for about 10 minutes. And one of us will be riding a borrowed bike as I'll be racing against my son - one will use the Fuji Track bike I have and we're not risking the carbon fibre track bikes :wacko:

He's in the 'top' group as he's a 3rd cat rider, I'm in the middle group as I'm a 4th cat and the youngsters in mine and the lowest group have been doing this for years.

Should be ... erm ... interesting :surrender:
Any idea of older grass track locations in the Leeds area. Late 50's, but may be still in use today.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@classic33 - I've found this source, which has more information: http://www.internationalcyclesport.com/html/tracks_in_yorkshire.html

There seems to have been a track on Cardigan Fields as a one-off, but Roundhay's the well-known one. This seems to have been banked originally from the photo below but isn't currently:

2009_Roundhay_GrassTrack_03.jpg

From here a certain Tom Pidcock was racing in 2009 in the Under 10's, alongside other local riders we know: https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/track/article/tra20090826-West-Riding-Track-League-0

Top Bottom