Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
When your employer pays your wages through an independant accountancy firm (or smth like that) it's a proper rip-off for a poor employee. I was really shocked how much money I lost.

Lesson learnt, looking for another job.
Have they told you what your Tax Code is? Sometimes, in the absence of notification from the Tax Office, employers put you on an "Emergency Tax Code" which is much higher than what you would expect. You shouldn't lose out because of the accountants your employers chose.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@Reynard could not find a onesie to fit me. Good thing that I remembered my pyjamas.

1572733346675.png

Ripple

Veteran
Have they told you what your Tax Code is? Sometimes, in the absence of notification from the Tax Office, employers put you on an "Emergency Tax Code" which is much higher than what you would expect. You shouldn't lose out because of the accountants your employers chose.

I know my tax code and that's not an issue. It's stated on my payslip. Issue is with firm's fees and they deducted 4 (!!!) different types of fees from my earnings. Plus usual NI and income tax. I literally lost about 20% of wages.

Had a stonking evening of yellow stickering in Tesco, if you can ignore that the only fruit and veg on sticker were a few bags of salad and some melon fingers... That aside, I was on my ownsome - no regulars, no opportunists, so I had first dibs at everything. I suspect the crappy weather kept them all safely tucked up at home. The reductions were quite handy tonight as well...

Came home with a side of salmon, smoked salmon fillets, tuna steaks, langoustines, chipolatas, black pudding, honey roast ham, liver sausage, a large fluted pork pie (the ones they usually cut slices from), six pints of organic milk, earl grey tea, italian herb seasoning mix, several bars of 85% dark chocolate plus a large assortment of pastries from the bakery.

Well made up with the salmon. Paid £4 for the side - it's nearly one and a quarter kilos. Will turn some of it into gravadlax, some into fish pie and and will just steam the rest.

One of the tuna steaks is already in the cats. :blush:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I would be very very very careful reheating, or re-cooking anything containing rice.

In fact I would never re-heat rice. Is it a stir fry frozen meal?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I would be very very very careful reheating, or re-cooking anything containing rice.

Thanks for the warning. No, it's something we cobbled together months ago. It could be a risotto or paella. It's still defrosting and appears to have bits of shrimp and other stuff. This could turn out to be a bit of a colonic epic but I'm hungry.

Reheat only once, and make sure it's radioactively hot.

I'll do enough rice for two days - once with whatever, and then the next day as egg fried rice. I love egg fried rice... :hungry:

P.S. I use a rice cooker. Takes the whole guesswork out of the process. Perfect rice every time.

Top Bottom