Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now I've got to go and be 'sociable' with parents at the local children's club...

You can always come and hide here. :hugs:

Onesie, art materials and tea will be supplied. :smile:

A tempting offer, thanks @Reynard.

(un)fortunately word came through that Middle Son had a puncture so I had to go and help repair it, which meant leaving a bit early.

Before "Someone" (@classic33) suggests it, I didn't poke a hole in the tyre so I could leave early.

I expected at least some {non grammar) advise I'm sending up the @Reynard signal. .

Your signal has been seen and received. :hello:

Chop onion and leek and soften in a pan with a splash of oil and some chunks of chorizo. Add garlic, a bay leaf, dried oregano, chilli flakes and smoked paprika at this stage. When the onion and leek have softened, scoop them out and set aside momentarily.

Use the same pan to fry off the chicken breasts (cut up into chunks). When the chicken is browned, put the onions and leek back in the pan.

Pour over a carton of passata or a can of chopped tomatoes, crumble in a chicken stock cube, add a good grind of black pepper and a little sugar. Simmer slowly for around half an hour. Adjust seasoning as required.

Meanwhile, grate cheese, chop up some more chorizo and weigh out 300g pasta shapes. Cook the pasta till al dente. Drain.

Put drained pasta in an ovenproof dish, pour over sauce and stir through pasta. Sprinkle the chorizo over pasta, and then top generously with cheese.

Bake in a preheated oven 180C (fan) for about 20 mins until bubbling at the edges.

HTH xxx

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Your signal has been seen and received. :hello:

Chop onion and leek and soften in a pan with a splash of oil and some chunks of chorizo. Add garlic, a bay leaf, dried oregano, chilli flakes and smoked paprika at this stage. When the onion and leek have softened, scoop them out and set aside momentarily.

Use the same pan to fry off the chicken breasts (cut up into chunks). When the chicken is browned, put the onions and leek back in the pan.

Pour over a carton of passata or a can of chopped tomatoes, crumble in a chicken stock cube, add a good grind of black pepper and a little sugar. Simmer slowly for around half an hour. Adjust seasoning as required.

Meanwhile, grate cheese, chop up some more chorizo and weigh out 300g pasta shapes. Cook the pasta till al dente. Drain.

Put drained pasta in an ovenproof dish, pour over sauce and stir through pasta. Sprinkle the chorizo over pasta, and then top generously with cheese.

Bake in a preheated oven 180C (fan) for about 20 mins until bubbling at the edges.

HTH xxx
@Reynard, I am pleased to see that you omitted the condensed soup.:okay: It makes a very gloopy mess of gloopiness.

Hmmm, right, I'm not keen on tomatoes in the sauce hence the soup. Is it that bad?

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I had ravioli. Best before date - 30th October. Only 4 days too old. :laugh:

*pray for Ripple *

It might be to late though. 4 days old. Game over man game over.

D

Deleted member 26715

That's how I tend to fix things too.
The best thing was all I did was drain the system, add the cleaning fluid I bought last year to put in & repressurise. It then refused to deliver hot water, but here's the weird thing, I opened it up to look inside to find one of the overflow pipes had a crack in it & water was starting to leak out. I've bodged it up till I get a replacement. Once I did that the boiler fired up as it should but the overflow pipe should/would have had no effect on that.

Hmmm, right, I'm not keen on tomatoes in the sauce hence the soup. Is it that bad?

I like the punch of a tomato and chilli sauce for a pasta bake. And it works so well with the chicken and chorizo. If you cook the pasta al dente, they'll absorb a lot of the liquid, so you've not got a deluge of tomato sauce.

You could either swap the tomato sauce for

a) a cheese sauce, and add the cooked chicken and chopped chorizo at the end (while omitting the leeks & onion) and make a posh mac & cheese

b) a bechamel, but crumble in a chicken stock cube and wang in the sweetcorn, then top with cheese

Am I invited as well? 🤔

Of course you are :hugs: I have sewing and yarn-y type materials as well as art stuff. :smile: And a good supply of chocolate. :biggrin:

@Reynard, I am pleased to see that you omitted the condensed soup.:okay: It makes a very gloopy mess of gloopiness.

Condensed soup is something you won't find in my cupboards - I prefer to make sauces from scratch. :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
A tempting offer, thanks @Reynard.

(un)fortunately word came through that Middle Son had a puncture so I had to go and help repair it, which meant leaving a bit early.

Before "Someone" (@classic33) suggests it, I didn't poke a hole in the tyre so I could leave early.
I thought you said you were going to put something in the valve cap, to cause the "leak"?

Top Bottom