Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
Left my car at the garage. Cambelt needs to be changed.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Morning!
Good news! I have put the rubbish bin out ! :bravo:
We didn't have any rain yesterday but had grey cloud all day . What was frustrating was seeing blue sky to the North . The line of cloud finished just North of the M4.
The weather looks a bit brighter this morning.

Sunny here, both garage doors open & hoping it will dry a bit more. There's a sort of fluffy white material in places on the floor, which leaks through the cracks. Neighbours lake has diminished to the area around her summerhouse & sheep, now 7 in number, have a smaller pond.

I know the consequences. New cambelt costs less than a new car. :rolleyes:

Decided that I'm too lazy to walk to train station so will take a bike. No, I can't cycle to work - it's 40 miles away. :whistle:
Yes 2005 wasn't a very good year for me. Cam belt broke , bent 8 out of 16 valves, did the work £600. A few months later the gearbox went, another £700. And to finish off a very good year I had a heart attack on New Year's Eve ! :angry:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A car is a money pit.

I spoke to the garage about my car last night after dropping it off Monday afternoon. The temperature warning light came on and on checking, I found all the water had vanished from the radiator reservoir.

The fan cowling had become misaligned and the vibration had pushed it into the radiator effectively destroying the radiator. They’re fitting a new radiator and sorting the fan cowling out so it doesn’t/shouldn’t happen again.

To be continued... :sad:

A car is a money pit.

I spoke to the garage about my car last night after dropping it off Monday afternoon. The temperature warning light came on and on checking, I found all the water had vanished from the radiator reservoir.

The fan cowling had become misaligned and the vibration had pushed it into the radiator effectively destroying the radiator. They’re fitting a new radiator and sorting the fan cowling out so it doesn’t/shouldn’t happen again.

To be continued... :sad:

In out 'training' today we were talking about budgeting, and I asked how much a car costs, the answer here is about €200 a month assuming it is in good condition and not too old, excluding depreciation and fuel...

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
You’re not having a good day today are you?
To be fair, recently most days haven’t been. Today will be an expensive day certainly.

NEW QUESTION - why, when planning a route for a group ride, are there no cafés where you want them to be i.e. the half way point? Frustrating is not the word. It simply isn’t strong enough.

Top Bottom