Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have NO idea what that is ??? :laugh: Gonna google it ...

edited....ahhh. i see now. Does look good in principle.
When I cook one the (raw) meat is marinated the day before in most of the spices then browned in a skillet before being added to the Tagine dish with the rest of the ingredients - onion, garlic, ginger and the rest of the spices gently fried and 'matchsticked' carrots, bell peppers, preserved lemon arranged in layers and topped with toasted sliced almonds as when you take the top off the dish to serve it looks pretty much the same as when it went into the oven 3 or 4 hours earlier although it's cooked now.

I know parts of Cambridgeshire are a bit rural, but I'd have thought indoor facilities had reached you by now! Mind you, with all the tea you drink perhaps you need a dedicated wood for that sort of thing 😁

Hey, I have indoor facilities - we're not *that* backwards in this neck of the woods you know... :laugh: I just thought you might appreciate the royal treatment of standing by the side of the road watching your stately progress.

Last edited:
I have NO idea what that is ??? :laugh: Gonna google it ...

edited....ahhh. i see now. Does look good in principle.

It's very good.

Unlike @raleighnut I don't have a tagine (the stew is named after the container in which it is cooked) so I do mine in the crock pot.

I omit the carrots and sweet peppers, but add loads of onions and chick peas. Plus I'm not a big fan of preserved lemons, so prefer to finish with lemon juice.

Oh, and I make my own ras-el-hanout as well; cinnamon, cumin, paprika, black pepper, mint, oregano and rose petals.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's very good.

Unlike @raleighnut I don't have a tagine (the stew is named after the container in which it is cooled) so I do mine in the crock pot.

I omit the carrots and sweet peppers, but add loads of onions and chick peas. Plus I'm not a big fan of preserved lemons, so prefer to finish with lemon juice.

Oh, and I make my own ras-el-hanout as well; cinnamon, cumin, paprika, black pepper, mint, oregano and rose petals.
Mine is based on this recipe but with the addition of a bell pepper and some Ras el Hanout but I leave out the Cloves (xx() and replace the zested Lemon with some preserved (dried)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-tagine.aspx&usg=AOvVaw0meIciNqV2l8oVawudRZpx

A former employer has finally sent me the official paperwork to prove I was working for them. Now I can send this to the Employment Agency and (assuming the other former employer finally corrects their form and sends it with more than their usual alacrity) I will finally be given the Unemployment benefit I should have been getting from September.

I wouldn't mind as much but I applied in June and the Employment Agency didn't send me the forms I needed until the end of September...

Mine is based on this recipe but with the addition of a bell pepper and some Ras el Hanout but I leave out the Cloves (xx() and replace the zested Lemon with some preserved (dried)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiQ5eLv_MHlAhXwSxUIHcw0BuEQFjAAegQIAxAI&url=http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/5191/lamb-tagine.aspx&usg=AOvVaw0meIciNqV2l8oVawudRZpx

Tagine is a lot like curry and pasta sauce insomuch that it's a fairly broad church i.e. you wang in what you've got. :smile:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Don't wish to upset the Cambridgeshire correspondent(s), but I could have done without being stuck at Ely station for 2 hours this aftrenoon due to the Nottingham train running late and Greater Anglia (most unusually) running on time. I've submitted a delay/repay claim which could be for the whole of the ticket price.

And why is it that I'll quite happily pay for a return train ticket, hotel (with breakfast), gig ticket and alcohol refreshments at the gig, but I won't pay £3 (or whatever it is) for a coffee from one of the major chains while waiting at he station?

Top Bottom