Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't wish to upset the Cambridgeshire correspondent(s), but I could have done without being stuck at Ely station for 2 hours this aftrenoon due to the Nottingham train running late and Greater Anglia (most unusually) running on time. I've submitted a delay/repay claim which could be for the whole of the ticket price.

And why is it that I'll quite happily pay for a return train ticket, hotel (with breakfast), gig ticket and alcohol refreshments at the gig, but I won't pay £3 (or whatever it is) for a coffee from one of the major chains while waiting at he station?

You could've walked out the station, crossed the car park and gone to Tesco for refreshments... :laugh:

Morning!
Good news! I have put the rubbish bin out ! :bravo:
We didn't have any rain yesterday but had grey cloud all day . What was frustrating was seeing blue sky to the North . The line of cloud finished just North of the M4.
The weather looks a bit brighter this morning.

Good news! I have put the rubbish bin out ! :bravo:

Phew, I was getting worried.

We didn't have any rain yesterday but had grey cloud all day . What was frustrating was seeing blue sky to the North . The line of cloud finished just North of the M4.
The weather looks a bit brighter this morning.

This is quite normal: we just don't tell southerners in case you all move up at once.

My wife and I were just explaining to our grand son, who is sat down playing on his tablet what I did when I was his age . In the morning I used to cycle 4 miles on my paper round and then 2 miles to school. Every break time we would be running around either playing football or British Bulldog. The school might also throw in some more opportunities to try to wear us out by including P.E. The end of school would mean another 2 mile ride home . The evening would be another cycle ride of 2 miles into town to meet my friends at a playing field where we would play football until it was dark and then time for home .
What do I put this amount of energy down to ?

A vast intake of sugar . :whistle:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
My wife and I were just explaining to our grand son, who is sat down playing on his tablet what I did when I was his age . In the morning I used to cycle 4 miles on my paper round and then 2 miles to school. Every break time we would be running around either playing football or British Bulldog. The school might also throw in some more opportunities to try to wear us out by including P.E. The end of school would mean another 2 mile ride home . The evening would be another cycle ride of 2 miles into town to meet my friends at a playing field where we would play football until it was dark and then time for home .
What do I put this amount of energy down to ?

A vast intake of sugar . :whistle:
... and you tell the young people that today, they won’t believe you.

Top Bottom