Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
c 5.2 mile walk, Strava had a recoverable error whereby it has produced a straight line for the last mile and a bit. None of the GPX editors I have found will allow me to plot exactly my route.
More gift card free bananas from M&S plus some scones aqcuired pre flju jab, Was dealt with immediately well before booked time.
Then did a hunt for a vinegar bottle - found almost perfect thing, one with a cork, in TK Maxx apart from the fact it was pink. That hunt consequently failed I tried to buy a Clubcard priced Toblerone from the Tesco Express only to find the Tesco app would not work. Must screenshot the card.
Co-op still devoid of Chicken & Ham Bakes so I made the shelving equally devoid of Beef Hotpots. Co-op card offers reduced them from £3.75 to £2.80 each. Also a pack of six Suffolk grown apples for 85p instead of £2.

tom73

Guru
Spotted some new trainers for gym online unfortunately they are on sport direct. So thought i nipped into town to have better look , only to find our store don't stock them. May have to take a punt and order them as postage is same as store pick up. May as well have them delivered to save another trip to the shop. As I don't normally visit Ashleys empire shops.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Following on from me not feeling well and having tests I have now got a memory test coming up. Along with the letter came from for my wife to fill in. Some of the questions are a bit OTT. Can I dress myself? Can I go shopping? Well it has been a long time now as COVID messed things up. I've never been very good at it . The race between the cashier and you trying to pack things away tended to terrify me. I just bought a handful of stuff and rammed it in. The new self service tills I totally avoid. I'm not employed by them!

Yeah those 'self service' tills are only any use for Policemen who buy Cream Cakes and pass them through as loose Carrots, OK it was during 'Covid' and he claimed it was a genuine mistake :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I think it was Victor Meldrew who had the catch phrase “ I do not beleeeve it” but I can mebbe understand and sympathise.
Calmac sent a text that the ferry I was bumped from was reinstated. Trouble was they told nobody else, even their own staff had no idea and I spent ages on the phone telling their staff who were powerless as it was not on the system.
Into the office in Oban and passed over my original ticket which was now invalid but had a booking number. Result is I am now rebooked on the sailing I wanted and got my original ticket back now valid again( I hope).
Amused by listening to some rally wonks wanting the next boat to Mull. They seemed to have no idea you have to book preferably weeks in advance. They also had cars on trailers which compounded the problem.

Weather is fairly warm and dry so got most of my shopping done in comfort to save time tomorrow morning.

tom73

Guru
Still enjoying the sunshine and so is Charlie who been out sat by the door getting a nice warm form the sun. We've been on a walk again Charlie was loving the sun. Spotted that the leaves on the peonies are now all just dead. So of no use anymore feeing the tubers , so cut them back and filled the green bin ready for collection next week. As we don't have many left before they stop for winter. I like to give the grass a light cut but it's still too wet and it will do more harm than good. So looks like leaving it fro a bit and see how we go.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I had some carbonera sauce left over from earlier in the week, so added bacon (I'm not telling you how much) cheese mushrooms, then thought, what about a chipolata. So a chipolata got chopped up & added to the fusilli. I may have a snooze this afternoon.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Morning.
We have some cloud which has it grey and pink outside.
I'm still recovering from a nightmare I had in the night. I was working back in an old garage where I used to work. I found that I couldn't work but just did some sweeping up. I was on the verge of quitting. I don't know if it had anything to do with welding up a motorbike exhaust for a friend or not. I seem to have suddenly been swamped with welding jobs.
But I'm retired!

I dreamt I'd just got back from flying a bombing mission & had brought some of the bombs home with me. I was a bit concerned they were a bit dangerous to have in the house.

Glad to know I can fly a plane now.

Top Bottom