Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Currently rehydrating
IMG_20241004_160213272_HDR.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Grass mowing has been postponed until tomorrow (probably!)
I have done the borders & quite a bit of weeding, though 🌿

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out mostly rainy for a long dreary trip to Paisley hospital for CT scans. Told it would take up tp 2 hours but ended up half an hour.
Like most big hospitals it is a complete maze and a bit of a nightmare to navigate even if you find your way to the hospital which is not easy for a stranger.
Traffic on the A82 gets heavier every year and today it was nose to tail both ways until about as far north as Crianlarich but even then seemed pretty busy.
I used to cycle that road regularly as did many others but that was 60 years ago. Certainly not now.
Loch Lomond has a cycle path but not beyond Tarbet.

Waiting time at Fishnish is given as two and a half hours as MV Isle of Mull is stormbound at Lochboisdale apparently so the Oban route is only one small ferry.
No sign of my new tickets after my booking has been cancelled so no idea when I can get home before trying to get back here again next week for another fortunately local appointment.
Life on an island can be a problem.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
And... I cleaned out the old straw and stuff from the hedgehog house and sprayed it with some antibiotic spray. Hopefully, the smell of it will be gone by the time any residents look to move in.
🦔

tom73

Guru
Nice early evening walk in the last bit of sun all done. Having looked round at energy pricers the past few days and going the numbers.
i've just moved us over to octopus energy not the 1st cheapest but hopefully for the few pounds difference. The customer service makes up for it they've have already told me. They can sort out the gas smart meter in a few weeks, it's taken eon 2 years to keep going round in circles.
In any case the £50 referral from bother out law will more than cover the £6 extra cost.

Top Bottom