Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another nice sunny day with light wind.
Abandoned the idea of triking as current traffic levels make this no pleasure.
Had a trip to the dump with some clothing to be recycled but far too much traffic for comfort and then I found the dump was temporarily closed. Had a walk in peace on a little known forest road until the dump reopened.
No idea why this sudden increase in traffic but it is certainly all up the west coast and islands. Not sure about the rest of the country but it is destroying communities IMO.
To add to the problms the hated holiday house opposite has two wheelie bins out blocking our cars.
Mine is not too bad but a disabled neighbour is completely blocked. She can be a bit fierce and I would not be surprised to see the bin upended inside his gate one day.
To add insult it is not necessary as there is plenty of room using the main driveway on an adjacent street
He clearly regards those who live here with contempt. Comes from Barnard Castle.

The photo is from my walk today. Water on the right is Sound of Mull and the left is Loch Sunart.

B76D6505-A1F7-4958-A798-7E9CAB94487E.png

Mike_P

Guru
Had one of those classic fraud phone calls this morning hijacking a local number "this is your banks security....'" Um.. I do not bank with Your Bank. Needless to say the mobile was not alive with urgent messages from my actual bank.

classic33

Leg End Member
This time yesterday on my way home from a local meeting. Got within sight of the house and that was it 'til after 9pm. Came too wondering where all the blood on the floor had come from. Hand on head check showed it where.
Evening and first part of the morning spent on my way too, and in an A&E. Got home later and found blood all over the kitchen. I thought it was only on the floor, the worst of which I cleaned up before leaving.

No recollection of getting home, changing or even all the walk to the bus stop afterwards. I can remember walking out the door and locking it, walking down the path and the first few yards, but that's it. Remember stepping onto the bus, but not waiting for it. Driver alarmed at the amount of blood. Offered to call an ambulance, and wait until it there, but I was walking wounded and able to get there. Or so I thought. He radioed in asking for advice and they had an Ambulance called when we got to the bus station. A wait for it was required, but there were worse than me out there.

classic33

Leg End Member
This time yesterday on my way home from a local meeting. Got within sight of the house and that was it 'til after 9pm. Came too wondering where all the blood on the floor had come from. Hand on head check showed it where.
Evening and first part of the morning spent on my way too, and in an A&E. Got home later and found blood all over the kitchen. I thought it was only on the floor, the worst of which I cleaned up before leaving.

No recollection of getting home, changing or even all the walk to the bus stop afterwards. I can remember walking out the door and locking it, walking down the path and the first few yards, but that's it. Remember stepping onto the bus, but not waiting for it. Driver alarmed at the amount of blood. Offered to call an ambulance, and wait until it there, but I was walking wounded and able to get there. Or so I thought. He radioed in asking for advice and they had an Ambulance called when we got to the bus station. A wait for it was required, but there were worse than me out there.

Top Bottom