Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
My working day is completed

Ditto
Queried Quidco why I only had £1 claimable when the statement page says £6. Now they have changed to £11 and £17 respectively
Awaits further developments.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry but cloudy and feeling cold after the hot days we had recently.
Not a good day otherwise.
Got caught in roadworks and expressed annoyance that I had been led down a dead end with no advance warning signs. This was compounded by a woman on a narrow bit of road who did not wait till I had passed but pressed on with over a foot clearance on her passenger side but clashing wing mirrors on driver side.
Driving down 21miles to Craignure was most unpleasant with traffic level well above the road capacity resulting in constant braking and gear changing with the same on the return journey. Spoke to somebody later who had come 10 miles from Salen and was of the same opinion.
Back at Tobermory no parking at the chemist but people sitting in cars with no blue badges in sight. Here I had an altercation with a touroid who took exception to my stopping on the roadway at the chemist as he wished to walk along the carriageway rather than the pavement.
The ATM at the Virgin bank still not working.
Normally I am patient but today seems an exception.

To add interest my visit to the hospital was to tell me they now want to install a pacemaker as well as the TAVI. He was doubtful about cycling in the meantime as well but did think I was very fit otherwise.
Piece of cake the jovial doctor says but did laugh at my remark “ I have heard stories like that before”

I was getting angry this afternoon sat behind another car waiting to cross a road junction because the traffic the other side of the crossing wasn't moving. All because selfish motorists in the traffic queue ahead wouldn't close up and left gaps of 20 yards between vehicles. Just because they couldn't be bothered to move we were stuck and other vehicles could jump the queue.

tom73

Guru
Stayed dry for a my late trip to town and the rain held off for most of the afternoon. Now its official Autumn the weather has taken a noticeable change. The darker nights are well on the way ,so started to have my afternoon walk that bit earlier. Luckily I got back just as the odd bit of light rain, changed to heavy light rain. So trend out to be good idea all round.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Frantic call from daughter a while ago.. Car won't start.. Several kiddies on a basketball session trip. Fortunately in the school playground!
I head over to see what, if anything, I could do.. (I'm really not car mechanically minded!) Roads flooded through Boughton, with a posh looking merc, stationary, up to the running boards in water.. Quick spin around to go another way that had passable floods across the road roads.
Anyways.. Turns out it needed a jumo start with my leads and a new battery tomorrow, probably. Her neighbour is going to check it tonight but it does look like an old battery!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Driver of the day

1727114904499.png

Top Bottom