Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A piece of Pork was roasted today, I put it on a bed of Carrots, Celery, Onion and Apples then poured in enough Cider to cover those then used them sieved to remove the lumps and make the Gravy with the liquor...................Lush

tyred

Legendary Member
Had a relaxing weekend but didn't do a huge amount. I did a 30 mile ride yesterday but I've pulled something in my neck and found it difficult to look over my shoulder and didn't really feel safe.

My neck feels a lot better today but didn't go for a ride as I just don't feel happy if I can't keep an eye on what is happening behind. Just done a bit of tidying up and a bit of writing for my blog.

Sunday evening music fix now.:music:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
A piece of Pork was roasted today, I put it on a bed of Carrots, Celery, Onion and Apples then poured in enough Cider to cover those then used them sieved to remove the lumps and make the Gravy with the liquor...................Lush

Thank you. That sounds lovely and very easy to roast. What cider did you use? The cider just covers the vegetables does it?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thank you. That sounds lovely and very easy to roast. What cider did you use? The cider just covers the vegetables does it?

Yep the Cider just comes to the bottom of the meat, I find it keeps the joint moist cos I don't like to cover meat with foil and being Pork I like nice crackling. As for the Cider I use the basic Co-op stuff £3.50 for 2 litres but have been known to use the 'Tillington Hills' if the basic one has sold out but any dry Cider will do still or sparkling doesnt matter cos after 2 hours in the oven there's not much fizz left. :whistle:
Got a feeling the inspiration for cooking it this way came from the 'Hairy Bikers' cooking a piece of Belly Pork

I cook Beef and Lamb somewhat similarly but substitute the Cider with a Red Wine and swap the Apple for a couple of Parsnips

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Still no measurable rain over here in east Suffolk. This afternoon was warm & humid with a bit of sunshine peeking through for a few minutes.
Didn't bother with Snetterton as it was still a bit damp up there according to the rain radar - instead I stuck a load of towels on for a long wash and went out for a bike ride with the Singapore GP playing through my Aftershokz.
Having seen some of the coverage of the BTCC from Silverstone I'm glad I missed out on that as well with the conditions out that way.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I did notice a bit of confusion with my immediate neighbours when I came home this afternoon - a couple had the general waste bins out while another had the garden waste and recycling bins out ready for Monday. Having checked the council's web site one of them will not be having their bins emptied and I have put my general waste bin out front.

Top Bottom