Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Rare Tuesday WAH and a slight panic as I looked out of the window to see BT openreach van and a manhole cover open. The broadband stayed on.
A colleague messaged me that it had taken 25 minutes to get into the antiquated program through W11. Decided I best try but gave up after five occurrences of remote connection failures.
Evening ebike ride to Lidl and left a slightly rotund guy on a road bike well behind and that was with the motor assist off. Only had plain rice cakes so stopped off at Asda to do what would have the lunchtime shop if I was in the office and picked some dark chocolate ones there.

I'm going to bed in 2 hours and 15 minutes time

classic33

Leg End Member
Another early start at the gym, no surprise to find both sides of the pavement out side full of parked cars. They can't be bothered to walk down from the the car park above the gym. But can be bothered to go to a gym. :wacko: No amount of gym work makes up for all the rest of the times they feel lazy.
A lovely sunny day so yet more washing and shorts and t-shirt day. Done a few light jobs round the house nothing really needed doing as I'm in front with the weeks house work. Right time to take Charlie out to enjoy a sunny walk and then feed him. Once that's all done be time for my early evening walk.
Who'll be taking you?

tyred

Legendary Member
I have decided it's time I bought a new wallet the leather is actually worn through and most of the little pockets are worn out even though I sewed them back together a few years ago. I actually felt embarrassed producing it in the bar in Port Charlotte as it's so tatty looking.
Obviously I've worn it out over the years by opening it so much due to my amazing generosity.:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
I have decided it's time I bought a new wallet the leather is actually worn through and most of the little pockets are worn out even though I sewed them back together a few years ago. I actually felt embarrassed producing it in the bar in Port Charlotte as it's so tatty looking.
Obviously I've worn it out over the years by opening it so much due to my amazing generosity.:laugh:
Not the moths hiding inside and soon to be homeless?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There are times I wish I had a dog that I could blame.

Had a lovely luncheon of a stilton & sausage sandwich, an apple, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

Trip to town was middling. Got held up by farm machinery and roadworks on the way in, meaning I didn't really get the chance to look for what I wanted before the shops shut. B&M and the phone shop were useless. Everything else got done though, although the YS bargains in Tesco were very thin on the ground as most stuff up for grabs wasn't of interest. All I picked up today was a pack of kale, two punnets of nectarines, a loaf of bread and two packs of rolls.

I will need to pop back tomorrow and *hope* that I can find some board-backed envelopes somewhere.

Cheese & onion toastie and an apple danish for supper.

Cute little buggers aren’t they!

The reason the guy in the video doesn’t move is that if you bother or frighten them they spray you with the nastiest stink you can imagine. I knew someone who got it on themselves and the smell was so strong he tossed his biscuits.

it also lasts quite a while. Common knowledge has it that the best way to get it off is to take a bath in tomato juice.

Top Bottom