Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
one of the top 10 weather days, today
down hill.jpg

sunny trail.jpg

love the smell of drying pine needles
drying pine needles.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It was the third of September.
That day I'll always remember....:whistle:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV2pWFyfn4

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had a productive afternoon of walnutting, and have picked two "bag for life" shopping bags full. When it comes to foraging, it is all about fastest finger, but the downside of picking this early in the season is that you have to de-husk them. And that's a right messy job.

Fabulous supper though.

Cooked gnocchi alla sorrentina, which is one of my favourite things to eat, as well as being one of the best comfort foods on the planet. Was a bit :mrpig: so no room for apple crumble. Whoops!

We used to pick walnuts fallen from trees over the pavement in Helensburgh when I was at school there. I remember dehusking them stained you fingers brown which looked like we had been smoking tobacco.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another grey rainy day but brighter conditions are forecast for the end of the week

Schools here have been back for a couple of weeks. The later return in England used to mean a change in the type of touroid coming here. Elders looking for a bit of peace and quiet which nowadays they will not get.
Two cruise ship will be decanting hundreds of passengers today to wander all over the street.

It should perhaps be in a different thread but my current bedside reading is the latest Andrew Sykes book. I am surprised to find that he does not carry a pump for his tyres as he seeks out bike shops from time to time to top up tyre pressure.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's still a bit damp underfoot from overnight rain. Still warm with the sunshine trying and mostly failing to show through the clouds.

It's been a very slow start to the day after an early coffee with the only things being done being putting a load of washing in the machine to be done and putting away the cycling clothing that was washed yesterday evening. I've also had a call from the furniture shop confirming that they will be delivering my new recliner on Thursday morning.

Top Bottom