Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just been to see the consultant for a post op assessment after my thumb fusion, he was happy although i need an xray to confirm.
these are the x rays immediately after the surgery .

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Clipboard011.jpg
    Clipboard011.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Evening cuppa went down well.
Meant to be viewing a bike tonight but the seller has gone back on her word and sold it to someone else 😭

Speicher

Vice Admiral

I forgot to mention I also drink chilled Peroni, usually the zero alcohol one.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Day 1 of the Kirkpatrick C2C done in horrendous weather; heavy rain for most of the day and strong winds.

Some of the route, particularly around the Gatehouse of Fleet, was not suitable for 25mm tyres on overgrown forest trails.

One photo as it's been pouring down:

PXL_20240813_071653585.jpg

Oh, and I also mis-judged today's distance so have done almost 100 miles instead of the 85 I thought it would be. Ah well, less to do to the end although tomorrow is a tough day to Hawick.

Dinner in the only place doing sit-down meals in Dumfries was nice.

I'm staying in a shepherd's hut near Dumfries, and it's a bit basic.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That has actually been done when we rose up to object to MacBrayne closing our main pier as it took an hour off their sailing time to Tiree.
We failed to restart the sailings but the pier remains and is used and maintained.
My part was as an apparent drunk wanting to catch a ferry which had predictably turned away. Along with others I jumped off the pier and swam after the ship. Somebody on board had thrown a suitcase overboard and jumped after it so the skipper took fright and refused to go any further. There were safety boats of ours hovering around so no real danger.
With the changes in population that would never happen nowadays and they would just wring their hands and wail a bit now.

I am impressed.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It isn't that big is it ? :ohmy:
If you mean the proposed sofa, there was a discrepancy between the sizes shown online and on the shop display boards, so I took the tape measure to confirm which was correct. The good news is that I have identified 3 models that will slide through the doors with no problem, have 180cm+ snoozing room and are around the same price. Is it wrong that I also took an offcut of the new carpet to comapre against the instore sofa fabric swatches?

(I've just realised how boring/old that makes me sound!)

Top Bottom