Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Squire
Nearly fluffed up big time yesterday, could have had the police on the door.
Went into Asda George to get my wife two nighties and some slippers. Came away thinking..that was cheap ? While paying, I thought, what a stupid place for staff to leave some keys, right by the till.

Got to hospital , wife said, you only got one nightie ? Eh ? I'm confused, I know I picked up two.

Went back into Asda 4 hours later, picked up another nightie, had a laugh with the lady at the till about it and walked out....to be met by a quickly advancing security guard....
Don't panic he said...were you in the store earlier ?
Yes, I just came back to pick up etc etc.
You took some keys from the till area...
Err no, I remember seeing some keys and even thinking what a daft place to leave them, what makes you think I have them ?
We've gott it clearly on CCTV .he replied as we were.talking, I went to get my keys...and pulled the shop keys out my pocket.

Oh Jesus, I'm so sorry, I just don't know how that's happened.

It's all good replied the guy, don't worry, we can see its not deliberate.

Err...how did you know I was back ?

CCTV, we were watching anyway just luck you popped back in. One colleague said...you might get a door knock from the Police...we had to report it.

No problem, I'll deal with that if it happens profuse apologies again.

I still can't recreate in my mind how I actually picked them up...wierd.

Good morning from a bright and sunny Suffolk. Quite a bit cooler than yesterday, but still a very pleasant start to the day.

Coffee has been had and a late breakfast will follow shortly. Then it's off into Felixstowe to get the replacement keys cut, find a card for my sister's birthday, return the borrowed keys to mum, post another Ebay sale and then see if I can find something for tea. After that and a spot of lunch I may head up to Martlesham with a tape measure to double check on the proposed sofa's dimensions.

Oddly enough I find that I sleep better in the heat.
It isn't that big is it ? :ohmy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Remained damp or actually raining all day.
Went out and fixed up the Disabled Parking sign for a neighbour. Being on a post and fastened to a fence with a hedge makes it look more "official". The holiday house opposite were trying to take over but some obnoxious person warned them off and the neighbour has arrived back home now.
Spent some time on the phone to the Royal Infirmary, Glasgow re the appointment 19 months in advance. It seems this is meaningless and the real decision regarding my heart problem will come separately and much sooner.
Everybody I spoke to was pleasant and helpful but not really reassuring as anything involving surgery carries risk and meddling with heart valves is to my mind more risky than usual.

classic33

Leg End Member

Gwylan

Veteran
The Harbour Authority of course loves them as they will get landing fees.

What do they do with the fees?

If only 25% want a pee or worse that's a lot of pads to process. Who pays for that.
Also the island is for walking and enjoying. It is not the shopping mall of the isles.
What do they all do? Mooch around in those dreadful ponchos and buy fridge magnets for Mildred who lives down the road.

Last edited:

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
My working day completed

Mike_P

Guru
Mundane day in the office. Transpired my boss has put my 121 back to tomorrow
As thid weeks work visits aside from being Ripon centric include one to the south side of Harrogate for once calling in the office tomorrow will be convenient. Bananas bought from M&S at lunch followed by a futile look around the Tesco Express.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
What do they do with the fees?

If only 25% want a pee or worse that's a lot of pads to process. Who pays for that.
Also the island is for waking and enjoying. It is not the shopping mall of the isles.
What do they all do? Mooch around in those dreadful ponchos and buy fridge magnets for Mildred who lives down the road.

The fees go to various areas. The Crown Estate gets a cut and some will be used to expand their empire by providing even more berthing areas and pontoons.
The island is waking but many are not enjoying and have had more than enough of the touroid who are causing all sorts of problems with congestion. How many twee little cafes do we really need?
Complaints are rising that we have to put up with the crowds but most get nothing but trouble in return.
Ferry travel is difficult and for example I had to get a ferry 2 days earlier than necessary and could not get home until 3 days later than I wanted. Fortunately I have family who let me stay while I wait.

tyred

Legendary Member
I made a chicken curry after work with enough to do a few days.

It has turned into a nice evening and I probably should go for a ride but I feel tired and headachey. I think sleepless nights and the after-effects of COVID are catching up with me. I'll just listen to music I think.

For some inexplicable reason, I have been voted employee of the month and will be given an hour off on Friday as a prize.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nearly fluffed up big time yesterday, could have had the police on the door.
Went into Asda George to get my wife two nighties and some slippers. Came away thinking..that was cheap ? While paying, I thought, what a stupid place for staff to leave some keys, right by the till.

Got to hospital , wife said, you only got one nightie ? Eh ? I'm confused, I know I picked up two.

Went back into Asda 4 hours later, picked up another nightie, had a laugh with the lady at the till about it and walked out....to be met by a quickly advancing security guard....
Don't panic he said...were you in the store earlier ?
Yes, I just came back to pick up etc etc.
You took some keys from the till area...
Err no, I remember seeing some keys and even thinking what a daft place to leave them, what makes you think I have them ?
We've gott it clearly on CCTV .he replied as we were.talking, I went to get my keys...and pulled the shop keys out my pocket.

Oh Jesus, I'm so sorry, I just don't know how that's happened.

It's all good replied the guy, don't worry, we can see its not deliberate.

Err...how did you know I was back ?

CCTV, we were watching anyway just luck you popped back in. One colleague said...you might get a door knock from the Police...we had to report it.

No problem, I'll deal with that if it happens profuse apologies again.

I still can't recreate in my mind how I actually picked them up...wierd.
You can't tell the difference between a nightie and a set of keys!

Top Bottom