Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Packing all finished for the Kirkpatrick C2C trip.

I also took SWMBO out for a surprise picnic lunch. Only it involved a hike up a hill to Howley Hall and she really wasn't amused. Despite this being the lunch view (borrowed photo) from on top of the hill:

s-l1600.jpg

My final, very hot, task has been to start clearing out our attic. For 20 years I've just thrown items up there and we need to start going through it. Firstly, it's a fire hazard. Or was as a lot of the ephemera is out. And secondly there's a lot of items we either won't use again or simply don't need to keep. Boxes, and boxes, of my stuff have been brought down in the first tranche for me to sort through in the next few weeks. Then it's SWMBO's turn afterwards for all her stuff to come down to be sorted once I'm done.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Packing all finished for the Kirkpatrick C2C trip.

I also took SWMBO out for a surprise picnic lunch. Only it involved a hike up a hill to Howley Hall and she really wasn't amused. Despite this being the lunch view (borrowed photo) from on top of the hill:

View attachment 740754

My final, very hot, task has been to start clearing out our attic. For 20 years I've just thrown items up there and we need to start going through it. Firstly, it's a fire hazard. Or was as a lot of the ephemera is out. And secondly there's a lot of items we either won't use again or simply don't need to keep. Boxes, and boxes, of my stuff have been brought down in the first tranche for me to sort through in the next few weeks. Then it's SWMBO's turn afterwards for all her stuff to come down to be sorted once I'm done.

We need to do the same - it's mainly old lego boxes, old computer boxes and about a mega-store's worth of fabric (my wife sews).

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
For the last week my Motorola g14 phone has been eating it's battery at an alarming rate so during the week i have been deleting apps i don't use and it's made no difference ,
Also checked which apps are heavy users and each time i checked google was top closely followed by google play , so did some searching and similar issue raised a few times so turned google access to only when required and fingers crossed

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Changed the regulator on the camping stove from camping gaz to the patio gas regulator (I had a spare). Off camping at the end of the month for a week, and it's about £50 to refill the Camping Gaz 904 - 1.8l of gas, or I could take my full patio gas bottle. I've also got a Gas Light bottle that's £58 to refill 10l. We use the CV cannisters on a couple of other stoves (one is a party grill) so using the patio gas saves a small fortune, although bulky.

Mike_P

Guru
Loft here needs a serious emptying/ tidying up. Really needs a mild temperature non sunny day and nothing more pressing to do.

Had an investigation of two non working outdoor battery solar panel powered lights. One had a solar panel gone opaque while other had completely corroded battery contacts. Both heading destined for the small appliance recycling bin in B&Q

Evening.
It was an early start this morning. We got up at 5.30. We went to do a car oot sale. We have been clearing out our loft. I found my Scalextric cars and some Airfix kits that I had put away. I didn't take those to the boot sale. It turned out quite warm there. We sold a bit of stuff but people were very picky. I bought 2 Dinky cars and a Corgi James Bond Aston Martin DB5.

tyred

Legendary Member
I did a 25 mile ride this evening. Nice weather but energy levels not what they should be.

I'll make something to eat now and then relax for the rest of the evening.

No Sunday evening musical entertainment for me this Sunday as I better stay away from people while I am still testing positive for the plague. :sad:

I prydid all the damage I can do standing in a queue in the bank on Friday anyway.

Hopefully I'll get a clear test tomorrow as I will soon need to visit the supermarket.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
All necessary things sorted this morning. Took the long meandering bridleway & back roads into town and saw almost no-one until I got near the sea front which was rammed solid even by 11am. The cliff top car park and the road with the open view of the sea were like a motorhome & campervan convention, no on street parking to be seen and almost full pay & display car parks. As for the amount of stuff people lug to the beach needing trollies to carry it all and setting up big tents/gazebos instead of smaller sun shelters. The cafes were also doing a roaring trade with no spare outside seating trhat I could see.

Having emptied my backpack & downed a pint of squash I then headed inland to Next to get a voucher for my sister's birthday at the weekend and to have a quick look at the furniture section - I think I may have found my next sofa, but need to make a return visit with a tape measure to check the size. I thnk everyone must have been at the beach as I've never seen that shopping estate as empty as it was.

On return home a snooze may have been had sat in the deck chair in the slightly more comfortable coolness of the shade.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
While reaching for a bottle of sriracha sauce from the shelf I disturbed the peppermill, which fell into a container with beetroot salad in it. The substantial weight of the peppermill caused the container to launch itself onto the floor, spill beetroot juice onto two work surface, and empty most the salad onto the floor. It's not a pretty look.

While reaching for a bottle of sriracha sauce from the shelf I disturbed the peppermill, which fell into a container with beetroot salad in it. The substantial weight of the peppermill caused the container to launch itself onto the floor, spill beetroot juice onto two work surface, and empty most the salad onto the floor. It's not a pretty look.

The much-missed Madam Poppy once pushed a jar of pickled beetroot off the work surface in the kitchen. With much the same results.

Top Bottom