Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
How many dark chocolate digestive biscuits constitute a portion?🤔

Asking for a friend.

My son says 3. Not sure he'd allow his son the same.

dicko

Guru
Our own home grown Runner Beans for dinner tonight

IMG_4022.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where the day is brightening and warming up nicely. Yet another slow start to the day with the radio and a large mug of coffee.

Fair bit of unimportant faffage to do today - two lots of rail tickets to be collected from the machine at the local station, parcel to be collected from one of those locker set-ups, rolls and milk to be purchased from Lidl (plus a free doughnut courtesy of their spin/win thing) and sausages to be removed from the freezer to go into the rolls for tea later.

tyred

Legendary Member
An amazing day, summer has finally arrived. I took a drive to a very quiet beach I know for a walk first thing this morning. Amazing how busy the coast roads are even early in the morning.

I used to cycle around all those places regularly before shattering my ankle and I don't think I'd be comfortable riding those coastal routes now with the volume of traffic. Too many touroids have made most coastal routes too busy for comfortable cycling 😕

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Lunchtime stroll completed

cookiemonster

Squire
I'm back now in Hongkers in what was a very strange trip home.

First, I arrive at Edinburgh airport and it was rammed to the gills. I actually thought at first that it was just everyone hitting the airport at the same time, being festival season and that all the USA/Canadian airlines were checking in all at the same time. But, no.

I was told that the baggage system had gone down and had just been brought back online, albeit slowly.

Two hours and 50 mins later, I manage to get the the front of the queue and dropped my bags. Headed over to the gate and boarded the plane. However, due to the chaos, the pilot couldn't leave as he had to wait for 50 passengers to fight their way through the mess. So, we took off an hour late.

No way was I going to get my connection to HK was my thought. Got to LHR, one of the BA staff suggested I tried scanning my boarding pass before asking about a rebooking. I scanned the pass and the machine let me through with a message saying 'Go to gate B37'.

Game on I thought.

Raced from one end of T5 to the other, via the little train they have, and made it with 10 mins to spare.

But, I made my flight, just, my luggage didn't and my heart sank when at HK my luggage didn't arrive. Found out that it was on the second BA flight to HK that left an hour or so after I did.

Another wait and, this time, grabbed my luggage. Headed home.

Bloody 'ell, I'll sleep well tonight. ^_^

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Nice sunny day with little wind.
Out early and went for some last minute freezer stuff but as usual ended up with too much as i was in Aldi and Lidl. Tesco for the toilets but refrained from buying anything.
A small ferry MV Loch Frisa but one I have come to like. Crammed with passengers but I know a good place to settle down for the trip. Leaving Oban Bay lots of horn blasting as some idiot in a yacht cut close across the ferry bow at the exit where there is limited room for manoeuvre and these things do not have brakes.
Nightmare trip up the road with lots of idiot drivers who would not exceed 40mph and would not pull over to let faster traffic pass. They also kept stopping in passing places for no good reason but in situations where it was not possible to pass them.
Back home in time to confront belligerent holiday home tenants who claimed they had been told to park in our parking area and in front of Disabled Driver notices.
Heading up my front path and find a painter at my porch as he had been told to paint it when I was away. His story that today is the first decent weather is probably correct so managed to get most of my stuff indoors before he does the steps.
Knackered.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It's gardening time.. A few tatty things need tidying up. I was going to take the shears to the Erysimum as the fronds are looking the worse for wear but as there's quite a few bumble bees still flitting around them, I've just trimmed the bottom twiggy parts down a bit. Once the bees are not interested, I'll cut them back a bit more.
Evening Primrose has run it's course so that's been sorted.
I might even prune a bit of the lavender so the garden bin smells nice.

Top Bottom