Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Whacked a whole chicken on the Bbq earlier. Was quite a bit chicken but the Weber makes it look small.
Didn't use much charcoal , and piled it to either side to avoid direct heat - but still needed foil to stop it burning.

Very moist and delicious (soy/honey/lemon/worcestershire marinade).
Also some allotment Charlotte potatoes, salads and allotment/garden fruit with meringue,
View attachment 739105

wow! that's ambitious! well done! I miss our charcoal Weber

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well earlier
Busy return to work after a week off

tom73

Guru
Early morning walk was off this morning due to taking Mrs 73 to the station. So took advantage of having the time and watered the baskets and tubs nice and early. Knowing it was going to the a warm sunny day, called into town early and once back put the washing out on the line. Then had an early afternoon walk out with Charlie round the shady parts of the park. Then back into town for milk as our local tescos yet again has none. Now doing a bit of light house work, before sitting down for a :cuppa: and a chicken sandwich or two.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Someone called Rachel is talking about finding a big hole. Is that the same big hole , big hole experts talked about weeks before ?
The big hole everyone has known about and can see clearly.

Has she mentioned, yet, that it's taken someone 14 years to dig the aforementioned hole? 🤔

Ripple

Veteran
Well, as I already suspected, my blood pressure is high. Actually sky high. Checked it at the pharmacy and the pharmacist told me either see a GP latest tomorrow (no chances) or go to A&E. A&E then though I really hate to be there.
So eating a meal now, aftert it will pack some stuff and catch a bus to the hospital (driving is out of question).
Not a shock for me about high blood pressure because my mum and grandma both had it.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dry most of the day but light rain now started.
Dump run done and stopped in a clear space on Main St to check a couple of funeral notices. At least I am not there yet but an old friend [ ie older than me ] has died but funeral is at Craignure when I expect to be away.
Got some power tools down from my top shed and while out changed the dog barrier on my garden gate as he destroyed the original quick fix. Bits of wood acting as a weight to hold the fabric down make good toys.
Cannot really complain as he is otherwise a nice dog and the owner cuts my grass so any calling cards the dog leaves are not my problem.
I seem to have deer in my garden but cannot see where they are getting in as every possible entry has been barred I thought.
They do not seem to be eating my flowers and there are no vegetables so cannot see the attraction.
One white butterfly which passed the buddlia which used to be covered in butterflies. Sad.

Top Bottom