Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
A bit of Boy George and Culture Club here in Postman's life.Oh i did like them.The flamboyance when postie was an old fart and staid.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
One thing I did realise this afternoon is that as it's 'that' step niece's 16th birthday, it's also the 16th anniversary of me giving up smoking. I was supposed to spend the wekend at Silverstone for the Coys Historic Festival (as it was then), but the A45 to my hotel was closed due to some idiotic kids dropping a concrete block off a bridge which resulted in a fatal lorry crash so I had to drive all the way home via another diversion thanks to roadworks on the A14. I then found out I was a step uncle for the third time & caught flu on the second day, stopped smoking to give myself a chance to recover and never started again.

Gwylan

Veteran
One thing I did realise this afternoon is that as it's 'that' step niece's 16th birthday, it's also the 16th anniversary of me giving up smoking. I was supposed to spend the wekend at Silverstone for the Coys Historic Festival (as it was then), but the A45 to my hotel was closed due to some idiotic kids dropping a concrete block off a bridge which resulted in a fatal lorry crash so I had to drive all the way home via another diversion thanks to roadworks on the A14. I then found out I was a step uncle for the third time & caught flu on the second day, stopped smoking to give myself a chance to recover and never started again.

Jolly good, carry on, keep the noise down chaps ..

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Good job I didn't ride to the station - walking was hazardous enough as it was. That hit of fresh air after you've been drinking indoors should carry a health warning!

I can remember drinking a lot of Schnapps once on holiday in Austria. I was in a group of people tasting Schnapps at the top of a steep hill. Some people did not their Schnapps, so I very kindly drank their share. :cheers:

The effect of the halcolol was not effident until I started to dessend the hill! I think I floated rather than walked down.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
oh interesting. you must be in the tornado zone?

here, on Cape Cod, I've seen "evacuation route" signs. I can only imagine they are for hurricanes. but back when hurricane "Bob" hit & they shut down our campground & told us to flee for our lives or hunker down in school houses, we stupidly drove away & while the hurricane was passing just south of us, I regretted our decision. the next we learned a woman was killed by a flying branch, near our home, on the same road we use every day

they shut the canal bridges after we crossed over. can't imagine the fright of the ppl on those bridges, or if they were emptied before it landed right near the canal

we were lucky because when the highway backed up I took an alternate route, which actually got us off the cape. it would have been smarter to get in a building

Yes, just had sirens last week, for real. It did not come nigh me, though.
https://www.weather.gov/ilx/july15_derecho

Top Bottom