Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Morning stroll completed had a surprise visitor on the front door step when I got back

IMG_20240719_072303.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Morning stroll completed had a surprise visitor on the front door step when I got back

View attachment 738108

We have evidence of hedgehog(s) in our garden and the food I secrete in the Hog House gets eaten but, so far, only MrsPete has actually seen one.
In our previous abode on the eastern side of Hamtun we had several trottering around..

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Thin high cloud with blinks of sunshine and probably showers later.
Apparently Main St. was heaving with people yesterday and gridlocked by cars who were reported to be terrified to drive along the street as it is very narrow and motorhomes were taking up far too much space as usual.
Why were they not all up at the games field instead of infesting the town?
The opposite of what used to happen when the town was deserted in favour of the games field.
I will admit to not being an admirer of the tourist industry as it makes life very difficult for those who are not grasping for money from the touroid. One current example is not being able to travel due to every ferry being fully booked.

I had a collection of clay pipes but all damaged with mostly broken stems. The only one I kept has a depiction of Gordon of Khartoum and the stem is mostly intact.
We used to dive off the main pier looking for artefacts and found all sorts of stuff which had been discarded. Clay pipes were very common as well as old MacBrayne coffee cups and ink bottles the banks had dumped.
Night dives were most productive when things tended to be easier to find as torchlight picked them out.

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks to be a hot one and seemingly no wind. The heat alone should dry the washing just hung out.
You been staying off the baked beans.

Well that has worn me out!
Filling in forms for sending a large parcel. I had almost completed the form and got to 3 words question. "Daft, bloody, question!" Asked my wife for help and it went pear shaped! She found that DHL was cheaper and could collect. I said my parcel had managed to get here via Parcel force and had she seen a DHL van ? The chance of seeing a Unicorn is much greater. My wife then said that our post office the size of a telephone box might not have room for my box. :angry: By now my near completed form had disappeared! Finally filled out for Parcel force to collect it on Monday. Oh! We looked to see where there depot was , Bristol! Might as well deliver the thing myself ! :angry:

Top Bottom