Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Buses behaved themselves to find myself in the hospital 30 minutes early and a sign saying they are running 45 minutes late already:sad: The free day ticket actually was recognised by the ticket machines this time. Next to quiz a driver on what day ticket it actually is, suspect its not valid to Leeds.
I get one in Leeds, it's valid both ways on the Harrogate service. Can't see why it should be any different the other way round.

Mike_P

Guru
I get one in Leeds, it's valid both ways on the Harrogate service. Can't see why it should be any different the other way round.

Theres a local day rover that extends only as far south as Harewood @ £5.70, and another that does extend to Leeds, and Bradford, but via Leeds Bradford Airport @ £6.50. The only day rover ticket valid to Leeds directly is the "Daytripper" @ £14

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A very warm but thoroughly enjoyable ride, lunch & drinks was had earlier. Little bit of an oopsie when I went to take a drink and pulled the stopper/valve out of the top, but it was quickly forced back into place. As there was a phase when almost every bike part purchase came with a free bottle or I'd add the cheapest one to the basket to get free postage I've got plenty of spares to replace it.

Greater Anglia are supposed to only be able to carry six bikes on their trains, but a total of nine somehow managed to squeeze onto my local service which required a bit of juggling around when seven of us wanted to get off at the penultimate stop.

postman

Squire
It's Thursday so it's been visit George up the street.Since cancer i only go once a week now,anyway to night he showed me HIS dad's pipe collection,George is 88 so how old are these pipes.One was superb just like a pipe someone out of Pickwick Papers would smoke.There was a faint hint of the burnt tobacco in all of them,even after all those years.

tyred

Legendary Member
It's Thursday so it's been visit George up the street.Since cancer i only go once a week now,anyway to night he showed me HIS dad's pipe collection,George is 88 so how old are these pipes.One was superb just like a pipe someone out of Pickwick Papers would smoke.There was a faint hint of the burnt tobacco in all of them,even after all those years.

My Mum has my great grandfather's pipe. He died in 1987 but there is still a whiff of tobacco from it.

Top Bottom