Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Second cuppa went down well
Washing on the line

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny albeit with some threatening clouds in the last hour. Work visits and 15 cyclists counted enjoying a rare fine day. The car got a rare run down the A1(M) between 50 (A61) and (48) Boroughbridge.
There is no parallel route to it between 49 and 50 for some reason. Heading afterwards towards Knaresborough a rapid brake application was needed for a lorry just turned out of a quarry driving down the middle of the not that wide A6055.

As I understand that, you can vote after you're released/have paid fines et c.

I'm told that here in Germany, prisoners can vote unless they're convicted of a crime specifically targeting the state or "democratic order"; this has obvious historical reasons in Germany.

& the criminal candidate has yet to be sentenced &/or serve time, etc. so technically illegible to vote

postman

Squire
I have lost my temper in hospital today.09-45 appointment.One letter plus two texts since doctor wanted me to go to the hospital.So being over in Lancashire we had to get sister in law to cover father in laws care.She came down from Amble straight from work.So i get to Chapel A hospital at 09-30.find dermatology book in then sit and wait.10-15 comes and i go to the desk,why are people going before me.please wait ,so i sit back down fella comes back but does not talk to me.10-30 now and a son and dad combo come in and go to their appointment,i lose it.Right what is going on,i have been here since 09-15 two blokes have just come in and waltzed straight to a nurse.please sir calm down.Calm down i am looking after a 93 year old in Preston i came home last night to be here this morning.We have got someone to leave work and travel from Amble to Preston.i rang you sir to tell you appointments were cancelled,your doctor has been sent to another hospital as a shortage problem.Oh so you were the 09-28 phone call i did not anwswer,i was st in your waiting room.Sir another doctor /nurse is going to see you along with her own patients but we do not know when.fuming i sit back down,well i gets seen and after all that mess it turns out to be a flipping wart,and the nhs do not treat warts,i said it was not me who asked for it to be looked at but the surgery gp.so discharged and no treatment.what a cock up.

Gwylan

Veteran
I have lost my temper in hospital today.09-45 appointment.One letter plus two texts since doctor wanted me to go to the hospital.So being over in Lancashire we had to get sister in law to cover father in laws care.She came down from Amble straight from work.So i get to Chapel A hospital at 09-30.find dermatology book in then sit and wait.10-15 comes and i go to the desk,why are people going before me.please wait ,so i sit back down fella comes back but does not talk to me.10-30 now and a son and dad combo come in and go to their appointment,i lose it.Right what is going on,i have been here since 09-15 two blokes have just come in and waltzed straight to a nurse.please sir calm down.Calm down i am looking after a 93 year old in Preston i came home last night to be here this morning.We have got someone to leave work and travel from Amble to Preston.i rang you sir to tell you appointments were cancelled,your doctor has been sent to another hospital as a shortage problem.Oh so you were the 09-28 phone call i did not anwswer,i was st in your waiting room.Sir another doctor /nurse is going to see you along with her own patients but we do not know when.fuming i sit back down,well i gets seen and after all that mess it turns out to be a flipping wart,and the nhs do not treat warts,i said it was not me who asked for it to be looked at but the surgery gp.so discharged and no treatment.what a cock up.

Good job they don't run a brewery!

But they're the NHS and just behind, maybe even ahead of, Mary in celestial perfection.

Gwylan

Veteran
I'm going for a cycle around Honfleur. Beer might be taken. Well French stuff that they try to pass off as beer
I shall rent a couple, ' cause that's all you ever do with beer.

A bright, mostly sunny and surprisingly warm day.

Slept well. Spent the morning in the company of a friend and her dogs. Friend has done her knee in, so while there was some gentle walking, we just found a nice bench and let the doggos run around until they were tired.

The same friend is fostering the Birman I was offered. We chatted about the cat - turns out the owner hasn't signed her over yet, so there's always the chance she'll want the cat back. Plus the cat's temperament is turning out to be a bit jekyll & hyde. I like the cat, but there are too many negatives that I can't ignore, so I have turned down the opportunity.

For some reason, I have a thumping headache.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

classic33

Leg End Member
1721223309693.png

Top Bottom