Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just made myself a :cuppa:

tom73

Guru
A bit cloudy this morning with blinks of sunshine but it may get better as the day goes on.
The meat I got yesterday has to be cooked so better get on with that.

If I go out with the car I need to shift the bin from that **** holiday house again. I am really fed up jamming it back against their gate as they feel leaving the gate free is more important than blocking our cars.
No point in speaking to them as the tenants change weekly so they mostly don't care and besides I would probably be rather bad tempered and rude about their parentage.

It's surprising the number of holiday lets that give no information about what to with the bins or rubbish. We've stayed in a good few that all your left with. Is to work out what you do by looking out for what the neighbours do. We even stayed at one once that had no bin and told you to use the on street litter bins something which is illegal.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started today a bit dull but sun appeared again and it turned very hot for most of the day but now cloudy again.
Sat out in the sun for a couple of hours after fixing up my official looking sign for disabled parking priority.
It has no legal status whatsoever but looks intimidating.
Not feeling very energetic after yesterday's exertions but made stew with the mutton I got yesterday which is very nice and three meals worth in the freezer.
In addition I washed the kitchen floor but it was not intentional.
Put on the washing machine with a pair of trousers included. Later I realised I had not removed a pound coin in a pocket but it is nowhere to be found. Not in the drum and unlikely to have got as far as the water outlet but thought it a good idea to check the filter just in case. Nothing there but lots of water which overflowed the container I was using.
Mop and bucket job so the whole floor had to get done. :ohmy:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It's surprising the number of holiday lets that give no information about what to with the bins or rubbish. We've stayed in a good few that all your left with. Is to work out what you do by looking out for what the neighbours do. We even stayed at one once that had no bin and told you to use the on street litter bins something which is illegal.

The detested house in question had a bin out last week even tho’ no other bins were to be seen and it got jammed in their gate all week until the cleaner took it in on Saturday.
You are correct about the lack of information left.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Started today a bit dull but sun appeared again and it turned very hot for most of the day but now cloudy again.
Sat out in the sun for a couple of hours after fixing up my official looking sign for disabled parking priority.
It has no legal status whatsoever but looks intimidating.
Not feeling very energetic after yesterday's exertions but made stew with the mutton I got yesterday which is very nice and three meals worth in the freezer.
In addition I washed the kitchen floor but it was not intentional.
Put on the washing machine with a pair of trousers included. Later I realised I had not removed a pound coin in a pocket but it is nowhere to be found. Not in the drum and unlikely to have got as far as the water outlet but thought it a good idea to check the filter just in case. Nothing there but lots of water which overflowed the container I was using.
Mop and bucket job so the whole floor had to get done. :ohmy:

Ahhhh... Money laundering on the Isle of Mull!!! 👮

The German Weather information service is warning of "Heavy Thunderstorms".

journey1-216x300.png

I hope the roof can take it.

Anyways, it's time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mrs CK went for an eye test which she gets free due to diabetes , she had been saying her eyesight was getting worse and was told she has fluid in her eye (?) and needs to see someone about it so has been referred to the nhs .
The next stage was to choose glasses for the new prescription which was hard as she is very small so it was hard to get one that fits her so we ended up looking at more expensive frames just to find one that was right .A big thank you to the head dispenser who gave us 25% discount so we could find something that worked without being ridiculous price although it was still over £230 by the end .
Boiler has started playing up and it looks like the something is clogged up as we are in a hard water area and the bit is known to gunk up, i have homecare so we can get someone out but in an effort to save bills i opted for a call out excess as we haven't had an issue with the boiler before so its turned around and bit me in the behind now .
Earlier in the day i phoned mini ck 1 consultant about the hospital appointments we had that meant she couldn't attend the full college course meaning were 3% below minimum attendance even though she caught back all the coursework except the maths exam that she had to miss as her kidney function and BP were pretty bad that meant new meds needing monitoring carefully and the college would not allow her to sit the exam at another time .This means they are not allowing her to attend the next level course so we are currently appealing which means we need a letter from the consultant as evidence .
By the time we got home it was nearly 2 pm so i didnt have time to turbo before walking down to meet mini ck 2 from school , i had planned to do a session this evening but its now pissing it down and cant be bothered traipsing in and out setting it all up which means now im stressed out because its what i look forward too all day .
I think a beer might be in order to chill out a bit as im so wound up and pissed off .

Top Bottom