Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I think you can blame Noah for saving them . :whistle:

he cannot have saved beavers or the ark would have sunk ! ooh wait beavers still exist ........

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
That opens up even more questions though. Just think about how many breeds of cattle there are, how many breeds of dog, pig, sheep, etc. Did he have two of each breed?

Or maybe how many there were then.

And how did he save things like Kangaroos when they didn't know Australia existed.🤔

Why would Australia have existed then? A flood that covered the whole Earth would have changed the continents & a single, original, continent has been proposed.

Or the heraldic birds and beasts - which don't actually exist. Like the martlet, wyvern, cockatrice, unicorn...

And what about the sphynx?

:giggle:

If they didn't exist they didn't need saving.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Thanks for the good wishes on my birthday.
Weather still cloudy but should be dry all day so must try to get out on the trike.
Big excitement in Oban with a round the world yacht race with 70 yachts stopping for a few days plus a pan celtic cycle event.

Our ferry service is on an amended timetable due to the Tiree music festival with so many going the normal service cannot cope.:ohmy:
No idea where they all stay but it must be a bit crowded.

he cannot have saved beavers or the ark would have sunk ! ooh wait beavers still exist ........

My word this is getting theological.

The story of the flood is based on an older Babylonian story, and the original audience would have been familiar with this story. It's a bit like superhero stories which are repackaged for different audiences but still have the same basic elements.

What would have freaked the audience for the Noah Story, is that instead of multiple gods who didn't care much about humans (they destroyed humanity because they were 'noisy' but then they found they got hungry without sacrifices) the writer presented the God of Noah as caring for people but wanting to get rid of all the wickedness. It was quite the revolutionary concept for the time.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Thanks for the good wishes on my birthday.
Weather still cloudy but should be dry all day so must try to get out on the trike.
Big excitement in Oban with a round the world yacht race with 70 yachts stopping for a few days plus a pan celtic cycle event.

Our ferry service is on an amended timetable due to the Tiree music festival with so many going the normal service cannot cope.:ohmy:
No idea where they all stay but it must be a bit crowded.

I'll say many happy returns & I appreciate your posts.

Top Bottom