Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Even if they bring in a new tax on scythes?
Why would they?
They give the user a decent cardiovascular workout. Increases upper body strength, especially the arms. And there's no emissions in use,* unlike their mechanical cousins.

*Theyre as liable to user emissions as the mechanical versions.

I think we'll need all the help we can get ...

At least our choices are probably far better than what @Gravity Aided is stuck with.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's first delivery turned up at just after half past nine and then again at quarter to ten when they came back to exchange a couple of the boxes which were the wrong ones. After that I had another mug of coffee & a spot of breakfast before going shopping - due to the effort against the wind, I had to add a pack of custard doughnuts to the basket as a recovery aid.

Once home the three boxes containing the first wardrobe were unpacked and battle commenced on the assembly which isn't easy with my dislike of DIY, pictogram instructions and screwdrivers mysteriously disappearing the moment they are put down on the floor. Once this had finally been completed I moved back downstairs and had yet more 'fun' putting together the unit which now houses the PC and various other bits in cupboards & draws. Now it's done they don't look too bad, but it's not my preferred way of spending an afternoon. The bad news is that tomorrow there's the second wardrobe and a chest of drawers to put together and then a coffee table, TV stand and bedside unit arriving on Saturday to be assembled!

I think I earned the bacon rolls that I had for tea.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
<snip>
BT are telling me we are going digital in the next 30 days but no idea what this entails. My nearest neighbour works for Openreach so he can keep me posted.
Is that the 'digital voice' thing where you plug your old landline phone into the router instead of the phone socket so all calls are made over the internet? I've been getting those as well and a new router is being delivered on Friday as my current one doesn't have the correct socket. If only I could persuade my mum to call my mobile instead of the landline then I wouldn't need a landline at all and save £3 per month.

Top Bottom