Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
Ice Cream lunch with Mrs today.

tom73

Guru
2rd lot of washing on the line soon be dry with all this wind around away from it it's a lovely sunny day.
Bit of house work and then think about a sandwich. Mrs 73 has made it to Dover for the ferry on her way to Hungary for her friends wedding. She marrying a yank who's in the airforce and they will be moving to US. She currently lives in lived in Germany so Mrs 73 has visited a few times. So not sure when she will get to see her now.

Last edited:
It's a rather blustery and occasionally sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well. have had a quiet morning sorting out assorted correspondence and other bits. Although that's not been helped by my internet yo-yoing around thanks to the weather. When the wires swing about in the wind, it's got the tendency to do that. OK, not helped by the fact that I've spotted the jackdaws who nest nearby yanking at the phone cable where it comes off the pole and into the house. I suspect the little sh*ts have either a) damaged the insulation and / or b) damaged the wire itself.

Had a lovely luncheon of a gammon & mustard sandwich, a banana, a nectarine and two :cuppa:

I have to move some plants into bigger pots, and then I shall bimble off on a bicycle to go and vote. I had thoughts of extending my ride, but not so sure I fancy it.

Lever arch file ?

No, way too big. I'm wanting one of those plastic semi-rigid report covers / binders with a capacity for around 100 to 150 sheets of paper. A springback binder would do it, but they are pushing £20 for one the right size :wacko:

I actually have two springback binders which I got as freebies way back when, but they are already occupied with manuscripts that have far more pages in them than the photograph catalogue. Swapping those around to accommodate the catalogue document would make the problem worse... :sad:

Isn't there a stationery shop in Ely with whom you could have a word? They might be able to sell the excess.

There is, and probably not. Though I might go in there and have a look to see if they've any loose c-binders i.e. those plastic ones that you just slide on over the edge. I have enough card and acetate to make a front and back cover.

Again, similar issue. I can buy the binders on the Bay of E and the Brazilian River, but I have to buy a pack of 25...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started rereading Travels with Rosinante and I need the reading light on to see properly.

Went up to the dump to put some bits in the charity shop container. Amazing that some people have the cheek to dump rubbish in there which is so damaged it is useless and costs the charity shop volunteers extra work dumping it. Piles of fabric as well, ignoring the container for fabrics.

A cruise liner has made an unscheduled stop here and there are lots of sodden people wandering around since while I was out it was pouring rain. Perhaps the gales have made their scheduled stop unsafe or uncomfortable.

BT are telling me we are going digital in the next 30 days but no idea what this entails. My nearest neighbour works for Openreach so he can keep me posted.

Top Bottom