Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright and sunny Suffolk. Very chilly start to the day needing the fleece dressing gown while making this morning's heart starter coffee. Lib Dems are a little late to the party with a leaflet having been stuffed through my letterbox some time before 7am.

According to the tracking, Wayne has two deliveries to complete before arriving with my parcels, but as he's currently showing as being about 5 miles to the east of Diss that probably means 45-60 minutes.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Just over 3.5k steps completed
Decision has been made
Like @tom73 saw a polling station getting ready and a gentleman stood outside asked me who I was voting for so told him politely to mind his own
Nice bright blue skies but chilly

Not sure that is legal I seem to remember there was a distance rule and you could only ask after they had voted. Why not just tell him you are voting for the candidate least likely to win.:smile:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another day like yesterday's weather with sun and pouring rain but added bonus today of high winds.
Car blocked again by the holiday house who has put two bins out but probably not going out anyway.
I have already voted by post and I have no idea where the polling station is anyway. There are three possible venues which could be used and have been used in the past.
The most likely one is on the Main St where parking is impossible.
My knee has flared up again so I think I need to consult a GP but probably not get an appointment until next week.

saw a polling station getting ready and a gentleman stood outside asked me who I was voting for so told him politely to mind his own

I'd forgotten about that practice. I've never seen it here; I suspect anyone trying would be chased of by a spontaneous citizen's militia.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
You would be as well voting for the bag of poo for all the difference it will make! :laugh:

I kniow I have posted this before, but it makes me smile!

OIP.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Still struggling to find a suitable binder for my photo catalogue that *isn't* a ring binder.

Or rather, I can find something that will work, but I don't want to have to buy like twenty five... :cry:

Isn't there a stationery shop in Ely with whom you could have a word? They might be able to sell the excess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom