Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My 4 minute update took 10 minutes at least. They owe me.

A hot and sunny day here chez Casa Reynard, but there's a bit of a breeze where it's less sheltered.

Slept OK, but it took a while to drop off. Morning plans were scuppered by the parental reminding me that her prescription was due like right this minute, so I had to drop everything else to put it in. My car is now shouting at me that a) it needs petrol and b) that it wants an oil change. I can solve the first by dumping in the gallon can I have for the mower, and I need to check the manual to see what I can do about the second. IIRC the garage did the whole shebang when I bought it, and I've done less than 2500 miles since.

I shall also be ordering the new fridge freezer later. Only one place that *isn't* Currys (AO.com) stocks the one that meets my criteria, so that makes life significantly easier.

This afternoon's tasks will involve finishing the clear-up of the utility room, and, if it's not too hot, have a gentle bicycular bimble. Otherwise, a camping chair and a book may well be the preferred option.

Anyways it is almost time for luncheon.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone know how how they make these?
1719407192772.png

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I think @classic33 will know the answer to this question. If someone is running a business using a powerful jet washer to clean driveways, how much water will he be using per hour?

There is a reason for asking this. On Monday evening I had my hosepipe on to water some plants in my garden. I think I was running the tap (only turned one through one quarter) gently for a maximum of thirty minutes. I felt guilty not using water from the butts, but they are nearly empty.

Yesterday the man cleaning a driveway (two doors up from here) had his high pressure (industrial as opposed to domestic) washer on for at least two hours, possibly three. At times he was using the jet of water to remove the weeds at the edge of the driveway. I am sure that after the weedy area had got soaked, it would be easy to dig them out, rather than use his lazy method.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think @classic33 will know the answer to this question. If someone is running a business using a powerful jet washer to clean driveways, how much water will he be using per hour?

There is a reason for asking this. On Monday evening I had my hosepipe on to water some plants in my garden. I think I was running the tap (only turned one through one quarter) gently for a maximum of thirty minutes. I felt guilty not using water from the butts, but they are nearly empty.

Yesterday the man cleaning a driveway (two doors up from here) had his high pressure (industrial as opposed to domestic) washer on for at least two hours, possibly three. At times he was using the jet of water to remove the weeds at the edge of the driveway. I am sure that after the weedy area had got soaked, it would be easy to dig them out, rather than use his lazy method.
75 to 150 gallons an hour, rising to a possible 200 gallons per hour for the industrial one.

Top Bottom