Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I emailed P&O on Tuesday as their app won't allow me to book a bike on the ferry and I've had no response. I can book a place for an articulated lorry, but not a bike!

Still no response but I suppose I could book on as a foot passenger and carry my folded Brompton as hand luggage.
I'd book a place for an article, then turn up on the Brompton. Just to see their faces if nothing else.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'd book a place for an article, then turn up on the Brompton. Just to see their faces if nothing else.

A ferry place for an artic is a trifle expensive!

classic33

Leg End Member
A ferry place for an artic is a trifle expensive!
Point out that you couldn't book smaller vehicle, your Brompton, so you went with the only option open to you.

If nothing else, it'll get them looking at their booking system. And you'll have a large, clear area in which to park your bike.
How much is by the way, to book an article on? Maybe we could all chip in to help you get home.

cookiemonster

Squire
Best ad ever.😂

IMG_1810.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Quick hour of trying to cram as much stuff as possible into the smaller of the spare rooms to see what that leaves me ahead of the carpet fitters coming next month. It's a bit tight, but I should have just enough room to store the remaining smaller stuff (TV, computer, etc) from downstairs in there and move the wardrobe & contents from the other spare room into my bedroom before they arrive. What may be a problem is clearing the living room furniture into the kitchen and still leaving access to the kettle! Day 2 will be much easier with much more storage space to work with.

I really must have a proper clearout once I put everything back to normal. On one bookcase hidden behind a pasting table (both not used for many years) I found 3 shelves of VHS videos I didn't know I still had - BTCC year reviews from 88-99, F1 year reviews from 81-02, another half dozen motorsport videos and 20 music/concert videos. Also a large box of plugs, power leads, adaptors, various USB and other electrical connector leads.

tyred

Legendary Member
Point out that you couldn't book smaller vehicle, your Brompton, so you went with the only option open to you.

If nothing else, it'll get them looking at their booking system. And you'll have a large, clear area in which to park your bike.
How much is by the way, to book an article on? Maybe we could all chip in to help you get home.

You take bikes on to the shuttle bus and leave it on the bus during the voyage along with all the foot passengers' luggage.

Top Bottom