Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Washing collected and museums visited. I managed to avoid buying any books which is the last thing I'd want while cycle touring. I already had brought one with me for the evenings.

I went for a walk along the rover side and sat on a bench and read my book for a while and nodded off to sleep in the sunshine!

Just finished dinner and it seems this football event is happening tonight again. The same guy is sitting doing his crossword again. I assume he's got a new newspaper or else it must have been a very difficult crossword if he's still doing it.

I wonder is shouting at the TV a new hobby I could take up (if I bought a TV).🤔
A cheap way of finding out if is for you, is to get one that's being thrown.* Practice with that before splashing out on a working one.

*It'll be just as interesting as a working one.

The fridge in the utility room still appears to be working. The light is back on.

However, I have culled the contents of both fridges. All the old condiments, abandoned stuff that got shoved to the back and anything that is low priority has been pitched, and I shall do another tip run in the morning.

I have managed to squeeze the vast majority of things into the fridge in the kitchen. All that's left in the utility room fridge is some butter, yoghurt and two tupperware boxes full of salamis. Plus the stuff that's in the freezer compartment.

Today's last job is to roast the turkey breast, but I shall do that after I have eaten.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Made it home after a stop in Selby anyway for a coffee and a cake; then a bag of salted crisps was spotted and my brain went "want those", after which the legs came back.

173 miles done and I've discovered that the shorts which worked brilliantly with the old Fizik Nisene saddle really don't work beyond 200km with the new Bontrager Paradigm saddle. Bit hurty as a result.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Oh, and our old Manx cat has been looking worse for wear. It was thin and sleeping a lot, with the result we were thinking it was nearing the end of it's life at almost 15 years old.

However, I spotted it yesterday afternoon running down the street with something in it's mouth. It came back in much later on looking suspiciously plump and pleased with itself.

I've come home to a local group Facebook message from someone nearby asking "has anyone seen my pet rabbit, it disappeared yesterday afternoon".

I haven't the heart to answer as the Manx has a reputation for eating people's pets :blush:

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Postal votes arrived today question is who ... given we live in a "put a up donkey with a red Rosette and they get in" area.
I think Eeny, meeny, miny, moe is the best way to go.

Substitite 'blue rosette' for 'red rosette' and they've voted the same donkey in round here (Suffolk Coastal) for the past 5 elections.

Count Binface?

There's a Reform candidate standing - does that count as the comedy vote?

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes after knocking out the red clown as I don’t rate him not forgetting I’m actually banned from the club plus the other two are out so that’s 3 down. Then knock out the 2 right wing ones I’m left with 3.
You did have more than the three to choose from then.
You've been eliminating them already.

Aaaaaaand breathe...

Have sat down and had a supper of spanakopita and falafel, then toast with chocolate spread followed by a nectarine. With three items out of the fridge, I now have space for the curry and the turkey joint.

Am bum parking for a bit while the parental putters about in the kitchen, and then I shall get cracking with the turkey roast. I have made a herb paste (parsley, rosemary, oregano, some dried mixed herbs, several garlic cloves, some fennel seed, lemon juice and olive oil), and will butterfly out the turkey breast, spread it with the paste and then roll it up in the same manner as porchetta.

Oh, and our old Manx cat has been looking worse for wear. It was thin and sleeping a lot, with the result we were thinking it was nearing the end of it's life at almost 15 years old.

However, I spotted it yesterday afternoon running down the street with something in it's mouth. It came back in much later on looking suspiciously plump and pleased with itself.

I've come home to a local group Facebook message from someone nearby asking "has anyone seen my pet rabbit, it disappeared yesterday afternoon".

I haven't the heart to answer as the Manx has a reputation for eating people's pets :blush:

Whoops! :crazy:

Mum used to have a cat that found a neighbour's pigeon loft to be a purrfect source of snacky items.

tyred

Legendary Member
I emailed P&O on Tuesday as their app won't allow me to book a bike on the ferry and I've had no response. I can book a place for an articulated lorry, but not a bike!

Still no response but I suppose I could book on as a foot passenger and carry my folded Brompton as hand luggage.

Top Bottom