Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
High wind all day and some heavy showers.
Waited in for somebody who had phoned and wanted to buy the cultivator I was advertising. After ages he appeared but had not read the advert properly and wanted electric powered so lost interest. Waste of time.
Messaged the next on the list and somebody appeared very promptly with a can of petrol to get it started. I managed to hid my surprise when it started after the third pull. It had not been run for nearly 2 years.
Paid cash and off with it in his Land Rover. ^_^
Got a text that I had been successful in booking a covid jag in May. Interesting considering I had not tried to book one at any time.
The Post Office is so short staffed that we are getting no mail today unless we go and collect it before half past five. If they had said so earlier I would have gone down but cannot be bothered now. Only thing I expect is a hospital appointment in Glasgow in early June so that can wait.

Ah, we're on another BINARY page! :becool:

Mike_P

Guru
Another bread making scare this pm. Came in from oil teaking a wooden planter and noticed the bread maker was dead. Oops, seemed to have switched it off by mistake. Looking inside it had plainly risen but looked pretty unbaked. Put the bread maker on bake only but half an hour later and the baking only mode ended with it still not looking very baked. Oven has a bread cooking mode amongst others so 40 mins later and an appetising loaf.

The weather brightened up this afternoon . I did a bit of gradnin! I'm not very good at that . I pulled some sprouts out and then did a bit of digging. It's a 50/50 chance that I picked out the couch grass or not and whether I put them in the correct bin.
I soon got fed up with digging so I went for a ride instead. I did another 12 miles on my Falcon Olympic. My return ride was into a head wind.

Gwylan

Veteran
And rather nicely, it's a prime number. The binary, that is, not the actual page number, which happens to be divisible by 17 and 653.

I've got that app too!

tyred

Legendary Member
I did venture out for about 25 miles. Very stormy, very cold, some hail showers. What has happened to spring? I feel for all the young lambs I seen out in the fields. I'd consider it a pneumonia risk for them in that weather.

A (very short) part of my usual route has been re-surfaced and is a joy to ride on. No doubt the idiots will cover it in chippings soon:evil:

I managed to scalf someone on a road bike on a climb (I was riding my single speed Pioneer).:becool:

Now preparing my pie and chips.:hungry:

Top Bottom