Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from Suffolk where it's another dull & grey start to the day, but at least it's not raining - yet.
Today's tasks are to do something about the clothes horse load of ironing that needs to be done and food shopping for tomorrow's trip to Brands Hatch.

tyred

Legendary Member
Weather truly horrible, not the dry day the forecast gave. Hailstones and biting, cold wind. I don't feel much like going for a ride in that :sad:

Ran a few errands in town, got wet, randomly bumped into a former colleague and also a girl from my dance class.

I saw someone going into the bank carrying one of those huge cheques that they use for photos. Why take it to the bank, I didn't realise they were actually legal tender 🤔 Imagine trying to fit that chequebook in your pocket.

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny but windy and gusts getting stronger until Sunday apparently. Early outing for the ebike and the roadworks avoiding route was blocked by roadworks :sad: Red tape across the cycle path where is crosses a road with no advance warning. Shank's Pony employed around them. Destination was primarily M&S in town to make use of the latest Topcashback sourced gift voucher on hot cross buns, iced buns and a Cumberland pie.
The return was also initially a retreat to foot as the road was blocked by a van trying to get between a parked van and a parked car
Washer now on with a distinct hope of fully dried garments later on.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I saw someone going into the bank carrying one of those huge cheques that they use for photos. Why take it to the bank, I didn't realise they were actually legal tender 🤔 Imagine trying to fit that chequebook in your pocket.

A cheque can be on anything; it just needs the name, official details, amount and signature. Taking one into a bank is a bit of fun though - I won a cash prize and the presentation was one of those. Taking it into the branch elicited some looks. Particularly as it was only for £200.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Mystery solved! I'm off to Letchworth & Rushden 👍

Ooh lovely

classic33

Leg End Member
Weather truly horrible, not the dry day the forecast gave. Hailstones and biting, cold wind. I don't feel much like going for a ride in that :sad:

Ran a few errands in town, got wet, randomly bumped into a former colleague and also a girl from my dance class.

Maybe they needed the extra space to fit all the extra zero's on the same line.
That or very small handwriting on a normal sized one.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Good morning from Suffolk where it's another dull & grey start to the day, but at least it's not raining - yet.
Today's tasks are to do something about the clothes horse load of ironing that needs to be done and food shopping for tomorrow's trip to Brands Hatch.

Ironing? I thought you were retired! :scratch:

The only time I use my iron is when I am sewing and seams need pressing. I admit that the ironing board is always "up" in the Unitility room. Clean folded clothes/bedding live on the flat bit. There is a small shelf under the large flat bit, for drying small items, and blouses can be put on hangers to dry and hung on the rail next to where the iron stands.

Top Bottom