Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Rain started just as forecast late afternoon.
Got the cultivator out of a somewhat rotten shed and tried to get it into the greenhouse for shelter.
Door was half an inch too narrow due to obstruction by a full water butt which I had to empty to get shifted enough to let the machine inside. Nothing is ever straightforward.
If dry tomorrow need to take a photo and get it advertised.

Mike_P

Guru
One of those Bluetooth tracking key ring thingys has just paid for itself. Could not find my rear door/bike shed/bike lock/side gate keys. Had them to get in from going to Sainsbury's on the ebike and locking the ebike in the shed but where were they? I got a strong signal outside and eventually traced it coming from the garden wheelie bin. Bin upturned and a white keyring appeared from the assorted contents. Not sure how they got in there.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I have found another possible couple of candidates for the position of Tortie Supurrvisor here, but they are both in Barnsley, which is a bit of a hike from here. However, I had a nice time chatting to their breeder over the weekend. A completely different conversational experience to the last attempt. I will be meeting up with the chap at the Midland & Central at the beginning of May as we'll both be at the show. I've told him that if he finds homes that's more local to him, I'm OK with that, but to please bear me in mind. The two cats in question are full sisters, but not from the same litter, and are breeding queens that are retiring.
Given they're a few miles from me ... do they miaow with Barnsley accents?

Errands erranded. I now have a suitable supply of milk and cooking cheese, along with some herrings and a poncy Polish sausage in preparation for Easter. Wanted to buy myself an Easter egg as a treat, but gave that up as a bad job and just treated myself to a nice bar of chocolate instead.

Also picked up a tray of Portuguese custard tarts on yellow sticker. Everyone here likes them whether human or feline, and it saves me baking myself a Cake Day cake for tomorrow.

Tesco petrol station is back in operation after being closed for 2 months. Still had a quarter of a tank of fuel left after filling up at Winnall on my way back from Alresford at the end of January, but decided to chuck £20-worth of petrol into the car as I was en passant.

Lovely supper of a sandwich filled with black pudding and bacon, followed by warm Min Spies and cream. And a nice :cuppa:

Now sat watching the evening news.

Top Bottom