Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Perhaps I should take note of those adverts for Ebikes, travel round on the trains, and see anyone else I know. It would have to be a fairly flat scenic area with plenty of places for cakes and coffee. I can practice my German.

I visted Düderstadt decades ago, and the Harz mountains (twice), including the (narrow?) guage railway.

Last edited:
A sort of sunny day here chez Casa Reynard, but it is dry and very mild.

I slept OK, but still feel a serious deficit. Spent the morning doing some chores including a load of laundry. This afternoon I have to pop into town for milk and a block of cooking cheddar from Aldi. Tesco doesn't do the big blocks anymore, which is something of a PITA.

Madam Lexi is currently having a lot of fun with her play cube. The cube, being very lightweight (nylon fabric & a wire frame) is being chucked and rolled around both the sitting room and dining room. It is very fun to watch.

I have found another possible couple of candidates for the position of Tortie Supurrvisor here, but they are both in Barnsley, which is a bit of a hike from here. However, I had a nice time chatting to their breeder over the weekend. A completely different conversational experience to the last attempt. I will be meeting up with the chap at the Midland & Central at the beginning of May as we'll both be at the show. I've told him that if he finds homes that's more local to him, I'm OK with that, but to please bear me in mind. The two cats in question are full sisters, but not from the same litter, and are breeding queens that are retiring.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon and someone wants their chicken.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I walked up the garden a short while ago and a fly decided to dive down my throat..

It did make I cough!! 🦟

The weather clouded over here and looked like rain at times. I cycled round to my friend's to do some grinding on some welding on a mudguard and then went round later on to put some filler in.
In the afternoon I had a look at some rust scabs on my bike frame. I removed a cable clamp and found that 2 grooves had formed either side of it. It looks like the cable might have run along the side of the crossbar as there is a line of rust where it might have been. I scraped off some rust scabs and treated the rust with gel. When I had cleaned off the treated area the bright steel had a faint tingle of copper to it, a bit like the film of oil on water. I don't think it was from the gel. Whether it was from the bonderising coating I don't know !

took Mom to look at a senior living center & we met the house cat. pretty eyes
comfort cat.jpg

comfort cat cropped for eyes.jpg

Top Bottom