Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru

Oh, you'll know all about it when (if) I find them. I'm beginning to suspect malfeasance.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
According to a survey by Jetcost, when Britons travel abroad, about 50% avoid the indigenous food, about 65% actively seek out the likes of KFC / Pizza Hut / Burger King / Starbucks etc., etc.. with only about 10% actually eating the local fayre.
This appear to be in contradiction with the massive number of ethnic restaurants & takeaways; Greek, Chinese, Turkish, Polish, Indian, Japanese, Tapas Bars, Italian, Taiwanese, Caribbean, Kebab, etc., that abound in virtually every city, town and even some villages up & down Britain and by every account, very popular.
It has been alluded that such establishments 'adjust' their dishes to suit English tastes, but still claim to offer 'authentic dishes', which does beg the point why bother - ? :dry:
Observations - ?

When on a course in Paris I used to regularly visit maccyd for my evening meals, but I did eat breakfast in the hotel & lunch in the factory canteen. I did have some French sausages on one occasion, I wasn't impressed.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
I have a parcel being delivered today, if it comes early enough then I shall have to try it out on our lunchtime stroll or leave it till later in the day.

Parcel delivered just before lunchtime stroll so contents checked and accompanied us on our walk.

Both bins have been emptied and returned to it's normal resting place

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Fabulous supper of Scottish black pudding*, mashed potatoes, spring greens tossed in the cooking juices from the gammon, and apple slices pan fried in butter with chilli & rosemary. :hungry:

Madam Lexi had Felix AGAIL with ham.

* much nicer than the Bury black pudding that I normally buy.

My wife buys the Bury black pudding, but I feel it has little flavour.

A mild and occasionally sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not sleep well. The old "too hot, too cold" thing, and didn't drift off till gone 6am. Have had a gentle morning mainly doing things that don't need too much brain power. Also dug out the cat play cube thing that I remembered I had lurking in the utility room. Madam Lexi is currently sat inside, looking very much like the Queen of the Castle.

Mild enough here today to not bother with any heating at all, bar the single storage heater on the landing. House is sat at 18.5C downstairs and 20C upstairs, which is eminently comfortable.

It is almost time for luncheon.

I trust it was the Stornoway Black Pudding made by cousins of my late wife. Seriously tho' they are the best.

Alas not, and I wish.

In this corner of the UK, black pudding is very much a marmite type thing, and so I have to buy what I can get. This black pudding was made by the same people (Simon Howie) that do the haggis that Tesco sells. They've only started stocking that brand of black pudding recently. It's very nice, although having had black pudding in both Belgium and Poland, I know there's way better out there.

Top Bottom