Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Washing has been bought in and is all nice and dry so washed using solar panel power dried using wind power

Lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with some rather excellent pepperoni and the other with some fruited white stilton that was part of my Christmas cheese clearance stash. Plus a banana, a very fine Navel Late orange and two :cuppa:

Spent the afternoon doing some photography and photo editing that I'd been putting off for a while, and I've also done a bit more work on the painting. Am discovering that dealing with the shading on pale-coloured carnations is an absolute pain in the derriere.

I am now sitting back with a shortbread biskit and a nice :cuppa:

postman

Squire
having eaten out today,due to both of us needing nhs care.i have just made a corned beef sarnie.boring i thought,a bit of extra needed.mustard no might upset the stomach.now what is this in the fridge,not seen this.peri peri mayo,oh i love garlic mayo.so splash whallop all over.oh just a min i had better just try a little little bit on the knife.oh my lord my mouth,chuck the slice of corned beef in the bin saved the bread cake and covered it in blackcurrant jam,more sensible.

having eaten out today,due to both of us needing nhs care.i have just made a corned beef sarnie.boring i thought,a bit of extra needed.mustard no might upset the stomach.now what is this in the fridge,not seen this.peri peri mayo,oh i love garlic mayo.so splash whallop all over.oh just a min i had better just try a little little bit on the knife.oh my lord my mouth,chuck the slice of corned beef in the bin saved the bread cake and covered it in blackcurrant jam,more sensible.

You won't be wanting my bottle of sriracha chilli sauce, then... :whistle:

I've some milk power squirrelled away for emergencies and one in the just in case food stash in van.
Just don't want to open one if i can help it knowing some is on its way.

Not a big fan of powdered milk, though it was a lifesaver when I was at Imperial, and the fridge for us postgrad students was seven floors down in the basement. Kept a jar of powdered milk right next to my teabags and kettle.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Coming home from work today and a passing truck going the opposite way spat out a stone and chipped my windscreen.A heck of thud inside the car as it hit.
I'm left with a small stone chip around 2/3mm and quite deep.
Don't know whether it's worth getting it done on the insurance, considering it's small size.

Depends on where it is as it could affect your MOT and also type of windscreen as when it rains it could spread. Modern windscreens tend to be better in the latter respect but I have had trouble in the past.
Does your insurance not cover this anyway without affecting the no claims tho' they may quietly increase your premium.

simongt

Guru
In a discussion during a teabreak on a TCV session yesterday, we were discussing the oddity of the legal requirements for training & testing of anyone who wishes to use a chainsaw / hedgtrimmer / brush cutter etc., etc. in a 'professional' capacity.
However, if said implements are to be used in a domestic situation - no training, testing or experience needed; any numpty can use one 'out of the box' - ! :wacko:

johnnyb47

Guru
Well I've got a little update on the Windscreen saga.
This morning I decided to buy a DIY repair kit and have ago at repairing it myself.On the way home from work I saw a windscreen repair unit on the industrial estate and with shear impulse I dropped by to see what they thought of it.
It turned out I knew the bloke and he repaired it there and then for a few beer tokens.
It's now all sorted and virtually invisible so tomorrow I will return the DIY kit for a refund.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mrs 73 has just finished giving the dog a bath. We've now got a dog shaped object in a towel walking round the kitchen playing at being a ghost.

When I was in Glasgow Great Western Hospital many years ago one ancient patient in my ward [Mr MacDonald] had to get a hefty dram every night as he would not sleep otherwise. When awake at night he draped a white sheet round his shoulders and over his head before wandering around the wards on level 8. Probably killed a few patients from shock before the nursing staff got him back to bed.:eek:

Top Bottom