Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
It's a 55 week contract period, and it won't be me building it. I'll have the pleasure of watching quality craftsmen at work for a year.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks like the club motor racing season starts this weekend at Silverstone and I quite fancy popping over on Sunday. However I'm off to Nottingham on Thursday, back on Friday and then Brighton on Monday which could make for quite a busy few days. I think it's a case of see what the weather forecast is when I get home on Friday before making a decision.

Last edited:
What with one thing and another, I haven't touched this painting since last year, and as a result, completely forgot that it's on Langford's hot pressed paper. I'm really not a fan of the stuff and prefer the smoothest version of the Bockingford NOT paper by some margin.

Bought the Langford paper just before the first lockdown hit - couldn't get any loose sheets of hot pressed paper in the art shop as they'd sold out, so had to buy a whole pad. What I don't like about it is that pencil smudges really easily, and that the top surface of the paper is very fragile. It's so easy to tear it simply by using a putty rubber or removing masking fluid.

I will use up the Langford stuff because it wasn't particularly cheap, but once that's done, I shan't buy any more of it. I *may* however, try the Bockingford hot pressed paper if I can get it as a single sheet to see if it's any better.

tyred

Legendary Member
Been to the theatre again tonight. Drama festival in progress all week. Not my local theatre but about 15 miles away so I drive there. Absolutely horrible weather on the way back. I ended the higher speed on the wipers. It is the sort of weather I had been looking for! I am hoping my downstairs neighbour has a leak and they will have no choice but lift up my balcony to fix it and then they'll hopefully do it properly. Unlikely to be that lucky.

classic33

Leg End Member
Been to the theatre again tonight. Drama festival in progress all week. Not my local theatre but about 15 miles away so I drive there. Absolutely horrible weather on the way back. I ended the higher speed on the wipers. It is the sort of weather I had been looking for! I am hoping my downstairs neighbour has a leak and they will have no choice but lift up my balcony to fix it and then they'll hopefully do it properly. Unlikely to be that lucky.
You never know, there's two of you living with the problem now. Not just you.
Harder ignore than one person "complaining" about the problem.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Pass me a Rennie please

cookiemonster

Squire
It's exam week this week for the kids and this is how I can describe my brain just now, and it's only Wednesday.

teacher.jpg

Top Bottom