Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Several buckets of weeds have been levered out of the lawn and pulled from the flower beds. I might rake sime moss out of the grass tomorrow if the forecast is wrong & it's not precipitating it down ☔

My lawn is still rather wet, with bare grooves where Madam does her patrols.

They do say border collies are a mite obsessive.

At the moment she's curled up on the settee, with all her legs together.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
@Jenkins - well done. You'll be on your way to accreditation next :okay:

Quite a lot of people, including myself, use track time to improve fitness levels. It's a tough workout doing 1-2 hours on the boards.

I did look at that after last year's session, but the Olympic Velodrome is my nearest and their accreditation session timings make it almost impossible to get back from on public transport and I'm not driving into London.

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Ferries loom large here for obvious reasons.
The broken down one with the vibration problem ( cue jokes from the usual suspect) remains out of service and there will be an update on the 22nd March. Must be waiting on spares from a distant planet.
Meantime our small Kilchoan one is scrabbling desperately to cope on the Lochaline route.
In the past they have put a passenger only one on the Kilchoan run to Ardnamurchan which at this time of year is not too bad. It used to be the MV Loch Nell which was passenger only and somewhere I have a photo of her which I will put up once I find it.

Despite the forecast it is not raining and my relay has been replaced. Damaged by water ingress tho’ there is no obvious sign of water being behind the panel. £75 lighter in the bank.😳

oldwheels

Legendary Member
To add to the last post.
MVLoch Nell is the larger one alongside the pier tho’ the red launch was also used sometimes. The red one is what was used to go to Iona in the past.
Hanging around are various “characters” of a type we no longer have living here.

68045F99-43DB-498A-AFBD-96FAC45D921B.png

Mike_P

Guru
Another day in the office and near enough remembered everything (missing biscuit) but then when I got home realised I had left the laptop charger their. U turn made and then having picked up the charger got delayed by a staff member from another office wanting to use my pass to work the photocopier. Oh well 5 mins to add onto the timesheet.

tom73

Guru
Garage finally called the car has past it's MOT and can be picked up about time they've had it since 8 this morning.

johnnyb47

Guru
Coming home from work today and a passing truck going the opposite way spat out a stone and chipped my windscreen.A heck of thud inside the car as it hit.
I'm left with a small stone chip around 2/3mm and quite deep.
Don't know whether it's worth getting it done on the insurance, considering it's small size.

Gwylan

Veteran
Wheel deep puddles on the way to the MOT.
Also some mysterious electrical fault. That started pre the puddle bathing.
Expect the sharp intake of breath and the "who sold you this then" followed by " I can't tell you how many of these I've had to fix"

Well, we have a new MOT.

But we have a terminal alternator. Faff getting a replacement. We need to get it off to get a part number for the replacement.
Left my girl in a park with several other vans all needing TLC. Hope they are kind and gentle.

Top Bottom