Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was the only person voting against our new afternoon meeting place for our Men's Shed monthly AGM. We are now meeting in the local bowls club. We used to meet at the rugby club and on sunny days we would go outside and sit by the benches and look across the playing field and open countryside. If things became noisy or overcrowded we would go outside. There was also talk about the new workshop not being used by enough members. Well ! I won't use it as it has just been set up for woodworking. I mainly do metalwork or tinker. Also the talk of us making planters doesn't appeal either. I'm retired, I have enough jobs in my house to finish off. I can see me leaving soon!
I think I miss the chat and joking that I used to have with several peeps who have left.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Garden bird feeders have been topped up
Would be a nice day for a ride

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Today i did a good deed.as an earing aid wearer myself,i was asked could i see why the aids were not working.So i asked for the first one,out it came,argh i could see why ,it seems they have not been looked at for six months.the ends were nicotine orange-brown.the tubes and moulds we gunged up with wax.They were disgusting.So hot water washing up liquid scrubbers and pipe cleaners i cleaned them.Now those of you will known you have a red mark on one and a blue mark on the other.Red is R -R is always on the right ear.Not this person so i sorted that out,and when finished they were astounded at how well they could hear.:banghead:it is not rocket science KEEP THEM CLEAN.How you could put them in looking like they did astounded me.

Pipe cleaners? The tube on mine is too narrow but I found a good blow through on one occasion did the trick as the blockage was caused by condensation.
I detest the thing but it is unfortunately needed.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've always been a bit wary of animals that feast on other living creatures but I'm quite happy to eat crabs and prawns. Police forensic divers tend not to eat them.

When I was a scuba diver we ate almost anything we caught except what we called buckies which were large shells. There was a good market in England for them but they were a bit tough according to those who tried them.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
I've always been a bit wary of animals that feast on other living creatures but I'm quite happy to eat crabs and prawns. Police forensic divers tend not to eat them.

I've formed a new maxim: Don't eat things that lick their own or others bottoms.
Leaves horse in the frame.
Not sure about rabbit. But that's part of their digestive process.
Might include a sub category for legless creatures, but allow fish to be on the list of edibles.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Watery sunshine just now but not as windy as yesterday
Been summoned to go and see a GP this morning. No idea why but probably to tell me something I already know or perhaps some new torture procedure they have thought up.
Today also I sort out my medication and reorder anything I am getting short of.

Still locked out of FB. They keep telling me to enter a 6 number code but on every attempt it is the same set of numbers which they say does not match what they sent. They do match as I check carefully.

Another mystery is a report from our Ferry Committee which is on my iPhone but does not appear on my Macbook. It should surely appear on both?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Watery sunshine just now but not as windy as yesterday
Been summoned to go and see a GP this morning. No idea why but probably to tell me something I already know or perhaps some new torture procedure they have thought up.
Today also I sort out my medication and reorder anything I am getting short of.

Still locked out of FB. They keep telling me to enter a 6 number code but on every attempt it is the same set of numbers which they say does not match what they sent. They do match as I check carefully.

Another mystery is a report from our Ferry Committee which is on my iPhone but does not appear on my Macbook. It should surely appear on both?

FB was back up yesterday afternoon, here. I had to re-enter my password a few times, but no 6 digit code!
Maybe uninstall and reinstall it might help? (as long as you remember user name & password!)

pawl

Legendary Member
The Chaffinches were having their breakfast earlier. A small flock of them flew into our hedge and then popped in and out of the feeder house. I'll have to go and top up the sunflower seed hearts .

Does anyone still put out niger seeds? Our birds won't touch the stuff!

I do but the seed hasn’t been touched.Gold finches used to go mad for Niger seed .Haven’t seen a gold finch for ages.

Top Bottom