Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Squire
Not as fit as i think i am,.just to say second visit to Goosnargh since January remission news.Cleaning was hard,i was cream crackered by the time i was finished.According to posts on Lymphoma Action Support Group,i might be a couple of years before i am really topped up and back to normal.So my first ride out might be interesting when it happens.Anyway home now and a couple of visits with latte and cake planned for the rest of this week.

postman

Squire
Today i did a good deed.as an earing aid wearer myself,i was asked could i see why the aids were not working.So i asked for the first one,out it came,argh i could see why ,it seems they have not been looked at for six months.the ends were nicotine orange-brown.the tubes and moulds we gunged up with wax.They were disgusting.So hot water washing up liquid scrubbers and pipe cleaners i cleaned them.Now those of you will known you have a red mark on one and a blue mark on the other.Red is R -R is always on the right ear.Not this person so i sorted that out,and when finished they were astounded at how well they could hear.:banghead:it is not rocket science KEEP THEM CLEAN.How you could put them in looking like they did astounded me.

postman

Squire
i don't watch a lot of live telly.Mrs P records her progs and like now one is on.While i play on here.when visiting Lancashire we watch whatever fil puts on.So here is my post two of my less fave shows.Pointless and Death in Paradise with Call the Midwife a close third.Gawd what dross.

tyred

Legendary Member
The boy racers are busy making noise again. :gun:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I am spending my convalescence on doing paperwork, still finding assets from my fathers estate of 30 years ago, and dealing with the state Treasurer who found things which belong to me. Because in my state, the treasurer does that. Also doing leave paperwork and starting taxes and preparing to write a will. Funny how I naturally gravitate back to bookkeeping when I have free time.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
AFAIK Rilettes shouldn't have jelly at all. OTOH the meat shouldn't be crunchy either, it should be butter soft when warm but somewhat stiffer in texture when cooked. I often find that adding extra lard helps to prevent stickage.

Both the recipes I looked at mentioned mixing the jelly with the shredded pork before covering the rillettes with a quarter inch of pork/duck fat for storage. I'm hoping the crunchy bits will soften up in the jars.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
White chocolate cookie for breakfast. Blue (😱) cookie for lunch. I’ve an electronic device implanted in my arm and I’ve sent samples of bodily fluid and waste in the post for analysis. Yes, I’ve joined the Zöe programme. Interested to see how this develops

I keep asking my daughter whether she wants to do the Zoe monitoring as well. And she keeps "thinking about it." I think her main interest will be in the blood sugar monitor for the spikes and troughs

I keep asking my daughter whether she wants to do the Zoe monitoring as well. And she keeps "thinking about it." I think her main interest will be in the blood sugar monitor for the spikes and troughs

That was certainly part of it for me too. I’ve been reading Tim Spector’s books and that finally pushed me in to doing something about it.

Fabby supper of honey & mustard glazed gammon, roasties, braised red cabbage and pan-fried apple slices with chilli & rosemary. I may have eaten a little bit too much. :mrpig:

Will be putting aside some slices of the gammon and a tub of stock for a friend who lives in the village. We're meeting up for a nice walk with her dogs tomorrow, so I'll give that to her then.

Gammon (Tesco's "Finest" smoked) cost me £1.27 on YS.

Top Bottom